Lantus/Novorapid insulin

malvern

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am on a regime of Novorapid/Lantus insulin injections. I have previously read on this forum that injecting these two insulins within a short time of each other is not recommended. What about injecting a small corrective dose of Novorapid shortly after taking my daily Lantus? Any information please?

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
I've never heard that. I usually take my lantus at 10pm when I go to bed if my bs is high then I'll do a correction does its never affected me in adverse way. It's not to say im right,, I'm sure someone with better knowledge than me will come along and answer your query!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Not read that on the forum before, providing you inject the lantus and Novorapid in different sites there shouldn't be a problem, I inject my lantus early evening around the same time as I have my Novorapid with my food, if unsure ask your DSN.

Kw1986

I never heard that as well I have just done dafne , they never said anything like that I have both those insulins As well I move sites with them as we'll .

merrymax69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I too have taken a corrective shot of novorapid before taking Lantus without adverse affects, different sites obviously x