Lantus Users

sunlover

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Feeling cold...which is hard as i live in Scotland!
Hi . . .

If you search my Posts you find several Threads on this same topic (those threads with "Night Hypos" or "Lantus" in the subject title).

After I made my discovery, in January this year, I kept a special eye out on the forum for people reporting similar problems with Lantus. They seemed to come up fairly regularly, every few weeks or so (although it seems to have tailed off recently). I even started replying by Private Message rather than on the open threads, because I was embarrassed to be repeating the same message so often. :oops:

Perhaps making this Thread "sticky" may be helpful? (if enough people say that they have experienced the same problem).

Regards,
Antony
HI Antony thanks for this information as I'm experiencing the same with lantus. Ive experienced 4 hypos this last week, last nights was terrifying so I'm being changed insulin today. In my opinion lantus can and will kill someone, I had to take 90g of carbs to bring my levels up, I honestly don't know how I'm still here, thanks again.

The Balladeer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
arrogant doctors spreading misinformation insulin price
HI Antony thanks for this information as I'm experiencing the same with lantus. Ive experienced 4 hypos this last week, last nights was terrifying so I'm being changed insulin today. In my opinion lantus can and will kill someone, I had to take 90g of carbs to bring my levels up, I honestly don't know how I'm still here, thanks again.
hey did u swith how r u doin now better pls answer me im suffering hypo 2 a day for the past month after switching to lantus

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
I was using Lantus quite a few years ago and it was changed to Levimir , due to Lanctus unpredictability , bearing in mind that I’ve been on Levimir for over 5 years , this obviously isn’t a new problem , have to say I haven’t experienced any probs now I’m on Levimir ,

The Balladeer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
arrogant doctors spreading misinformation insulin price
I was using Lantus quite a few years ago and it was changed to Levimir , due to Lanctus unpredictability , bearing in mind that I’ve been on Levimir for over 5 years , this obviously isn’t a new problem , have to say I haven’t experienced any probs now I’m on Levimir ,
yes that unpredictability and sometime it act like fast acting unpredictability thats the word tyyyyy now ill go threw the last 3 pens in trash ty ill guess pharmacy direction now

carnabychick

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I work nights so have my Lantus around 4pm ,even on my days off. I’ve not noticed any hypos yet, but is 4pm ok to take it on my days off, as I was told to take at same time daily.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I work nights so have my Lantus around 4pm ,even on my days off. I’ve not noticed any hypos yet, but is 4pm ok to take it on my days off, as I was told to take at same time daily.
Yes, same time daily, no matter if you're working or having the night off.