laser eye treatment

smigger62

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not having food and beer
I have had laser surgery on both eyes to correct "bleeding" burst blood vessels apparently...anyone else

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
hi there
had laser in 2002 and 2012 for some small bleeds -- followed by lucentis injections in 2013 for a macula edema in 2013,
what is your actual query ?

my sight is still good and i drive and I am 57

Reactions: 2 people

katpaul

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just started Lucentis treatment, too bad for laser and Lucentis is much the preferred option now.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I have had laser treatment in both eyes, once on the left and a few times on the right eye and an operation too.

TrinMonroe

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I have had laser eye surgery in both eyes and continue to have it every few months.
It is one of the worst experiences i have ever had....so i would strongly recommend anyone with diabetes to please take it seriously and lower your sugar levels as i didnt and now am paying the price.
The more laser surgery you have the more painful it can be as you are left with scar tissue and you can also lose your side vision. I have also been advised that my eyes take longer to focus in a dark room due to the lasering damage.
You only have one set of eyes so dont make the same mistakes as me!!

katpaul

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Would Lucentis help?

Still waiting for my referral appt to diabetic clinic cos double dose of glicazide not helping as far as I can tell and anything I eat zooms up the readings.

smigger62

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not having food and beer
Sorry for late response...had laser and yes...it hurt.malthough I didn't cry for my mummy....thanks for feedback.
p.s. I nearly did