last nights weigh in

licklemoose

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
the heat
im retaining lots of water at moment to the point the tops of my feet feel bruised, managed to get dr to increase my furosemide to 40mg in the morning and 20mg early afternoon
went to slimming world last night expecting yet another gain and was shocked and over the moon with a 1/2lb loss
i know its not a lot but its going in the right direction
i will be glad when this water retention has gone though

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What kind of diet are you following? As far as I can gather an LCHF diet is also a natural diuretic , so you may find that switching to that helps, if you are not alreasy following it. My own experiences of slimming world were that they promoted a low fat high carb diet ?

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
well done, about the waterretension . if you make a mix of 0.4 liter red wine and a fine chopped horseradish , put this in fridge for a week , and then start taking only a tea-spoon dailyin the morning, then this will help water retension, in some so that there is not any water retension at all... it is an old folk-remedy and not tested scientifically.. but worth a try and not dangerous except if one is an alcoholic and therefor should avoid anythng with alcohol in it

Reactions: Struma

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
A
im retaining lots of water at moment to the point the tops of my feet feel bruised, managed to get dr to increase my furosemide to 40mg in the morning and 20mg early afternoon
went to slimming world last night expecting yet another gain and was shocked and over the moon with a 1/2lb loss
i know its not a lot but its going in the right direction
i will be glad when this water retention has gone though
Any lose is good. It proves you are moving in the right direction.

licklemoose

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
the heat
What kind of diet are you following? As far as I can gather an LCHF diet is also a natural diuretic , so you may find that switching to that helps, if you are not alreasy following it. My own experiences of slimming world were that they promoted a low fat high carb diet ?
at the moment just doing the best i can food wise, some days harly any carbs and other days i have a fair few
i have switched to full fat yogurts rather than the low fat, got some low carb bread in tesco yesterday reduced so thats in the freezer, brekkie consists of chia seeds, strawberries and yogurt and dinner just depends on whats in the house or how bad my feet are feeling, but i can eat egg noodles so that mixed with soup and veggies is a good one for me that keeps my levels good

licklemoose

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
the heat
well done, about the waterretension . if you make a mix of 0.4 liter red wine and a fine chopped horseradish , put this in fridge for a week , and then start taking only a tea-spoon dailyin the morning, then this will help water retension, in some so that there is not any water retension at all... it is an old folk-remedy and not tested scientifically.. but worth a try and not dangerous except if one is an alcoholic and therefor should avoid anythng with alcohol in it
now im happy to give that a try but i have that 'no body' person living here that likes to drink from bottles and eat from tubs from the fridge, i dont fancy a drunk kid lol
and if i told them to leave it they would want it more

Reactions: Freema

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
now im happy to give that a try but i have that 'no body' person living here that likes to drink from bottles and eat from tubs from the fridge, i dont fancy a drunk kid lol
and if i told them to leave it they would want it more

I think it tastes so strong that a child would not fancy it at all

licklemoose

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
the heat
I think it tastes so strong that a child would not fancy it at all
i give up lol
i sent hubby to shop to get the horseradish and wine
he got horseradish sauce and wine

Fruitella

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Had swollen feet on holiday and only just got them back to normal. If fairly mobile, lay on bed and stick legs up against wall. Went a bit wrong when I tried this on holiday as housekeeping kept taking the brake off the bed and shot across the room :).

Reactions: Hammer1964

licklemoose

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
the heat
Had swollen feet on holiday and only just got them back to normal. If fairly mobile, lay on bed and stick legs up against wall. Went a bit wrong when I tried this on holiday as housekeeping kept taking the brake off the bed and shot across the room :).
ive tried the raising feet all it does is hurt the backs on my legs, ive shoved bedding under mattress so sleep with feet higher than me, swelling is not there in the mornings but by mid afternoon feet and ankles are huge, my daughter said it looks like my ankle is broken with how it swells, im trying parsley tea at the moment so fingers crossed that will help
why would housekeeping take the brake of the bed?
glad yours have gotten back to normal size now though

licklemoose

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
the heat
i have horseradish
how much do i need to add to the wine please?
ive got one of them amall bottles

Reactions: Freema

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
mix 300 gram horerdish into a bit less than a pint of redwine., hope it will work well for you and that you can cope with the taste.. it should be taken in the mornings and on an empthy stomack , and wait 30 minuter before eating thereafter ...after mixing it , it must be in the fridge for 1 week before using a teaspoon daily early morning

licklemoose

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
the heat
mix 300 gram horerdish into a bit less than a pint of redwine., hope it will work well for you and that you can cope with the taste.. it should be taken in the mornings and on an empthy stomack , and wait 30 minuter before eating thereafter ...after mixing it , it must be in the fridge for 1 week before using a teaspoon daily early morning
im sure i replied to this
when its ready to start do i strain it or take it as it is with the horseradhish (grated)

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It doesnt matter after a week the symbioses is made so if you prefer Then just take the liquid part

licklemoose

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
the heat
If 1 teaspoon doesnt help Then take 2 instead
thank you
im looking forward to trying it
last week i tried parsley tea and that helped but need a good supply of parsley as it dont last long

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
parsley tea sounds very healthy... maybe you
thank you
im looking forward to trying it
last week i tried parsley tea and that helped but need a good supply of parsley as it dont last long
can also make that from chopped frozen parsley bought in supermarket.. , thanks for the tip I´ll remember that specific kind of tea..

here is another way to get much more parsley into ones food :
https://www.eatingvibrantly.com/parsley-pear-green-smoothie/

Last edited: