Last resort

lacedup

To whoever can help me, I will be so so grateful, I'm at my wit's end.

I'm 24 and was diagnosed with type 2 at 17, 2 years after finding out I have PCOS. I'm highly insulin resistant, so am injecting 90u three times a day, to lower my levels enough to try litaglutide, in hope it will help. My Hba1c, is over 12, and I am doing everything I should, I eat well, exercise, take my insulin and metformin, yet also struggle with weight, it won't shift. I was referred to a bariatric team, but ironically even though I am overweight my bmi is too low, so therefore the operation is a no go. I was told this was the one thing that could help my diabetes more than anythgin else I am doing. I am so so down, as I am stuck in this rut, and my endrocrinologist seems baffled.

What can I do now?

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Hi Lacedup, welcome to the forum. We may be able to help you with your diet to lose weight. Can you tell us a sort of average days meals so that we can make some suggestions?

lacedup

I have breakfast of cereal or yogurt with whole grains, snack on carrot sticks or an apple, lunch is normally soup and wholemeal roll and dinner is high protein, loads of veg and a small portion of carbs.

All in all, my diet, I have been told. is fantastic, I don't drink much or often, Have one treat of a takeaway every 4-6 weeks and don't snack on crisps etc.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Hi lacedup.
Welcome to the forum.

Not sure if you are aware of this UK charity, VERITY. It is all about PCOS and is well recommended

http://www.verity-pcos.org.uk/home

We have a topic on here in Diabetes Discussions, VICTOZA which is Liraglutizide. Have a look there for more information about the drug.