1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Late type 1 not type 2

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Helen_S-C, Feb 26, 2016.

1. LucySW

LucySW Type 1.5 · Well-Known Member

Have you looked at the Carbs & Cals app? I use that. You can also customise it by adding your own food items and dishes under 'My Foods'.

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1456744938.781616.jpg

Also Cook & Count:

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1456745020.950960.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. tim2000s

tim2000s Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

• Like Like x 2
  3. Wurst

Wurst Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Exact same thing happened to me, I was originally diagnosed as T2 and almost 2 months later I was re diagnosed as T1 after the C-peptide and GAD tests. The book Diabetic Solution by Dr Bernstein really helped me to learn all about Diabetes but reading is no substitute for real experience.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi @Helen_S-C I was diagnosed late onset type 1 last year and have a 5 year old.
    Look at the runsweet website for running advice/support for diabetics. Exercise tool a while to get right for me.
    The Bdec carb counting thing is useful as a starting point. Carbs and cals is great and loads of nutrition info on the web to help with counting. Do weigh things and also get used to the fact that some foods will not be as expected. Rice always messes up my numbers.
    Huge hug.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hug Hug x 1
  5. Helen_S-C

Helen_S-C Type 1 · Active Member

Thanks, I definitely agree that people know more than doctors and nurses and the forum helps me massively. You guys are the only ones that really get it!!

• Like Like x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook