Latest H1ac

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi to everyone. Well, my latest result is in and it's......drum roll...…..39 (5.7%). My last one was 6% and I got a little telling off from my Consultant who said it was too low and my management too strict. He was very nice about it but said to eat more carbs or use less insulin. My diet is fairly low carb mostly (around 80 carbs a day or less) and I take 1 or 2 units of novarapid per meal, sometimes none and dropped from 12 units of Lantus once a day to 10 units on the advice of the Consultant.

Gawd knows what he will say when he sees this one! I am happy about it and although I am on the MDI regime (testing around 8 times a day), I feel fine and as far as I know do not get too many hypo's. I have been diagnosed for 2 years now so suspect I am still honeymooning a little.

It's daft I know but I thought I would post as telling loved ones usually gets a blank stare and now and again we all like a thumbs up!!!!!!

Reactions: DawnOfTheZed

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
Hi to everyone. Well, my latest result is in and it's......drum roll...…..39 (5.7%). My last one was 6% and I got a little telling off from my Consultant who said it was too low and my management too strict. He was very nice about it but said to eat more carbs or use less insulin. My diet is fairly low carb mostly (around 80 carbs a day or less) and I take 1 or 2 units of novarapid per meal, sometimes none and dropped from 12 units of Lantus once a day to 10 units on the advice of the Consultant.

Gawd knows what he will say when he sees this one! I am happy about it and although I am on the MDI regime (testing around 8 times a day), I feel fine and as far as I know do not get too many hypo's. I have been diagnosed for 2 years now so suspect I am still honeymooning a little.

It's daft I know but I thought I would post as telling loved ones usually gets a blank stare and now and again we all like a thumbs up!!!!!!
Oh we are going to cheer you on for that one trust me! Your endo should be asking you if you are getting hypos than just assuming you are! Well done indeed :cat:

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Mine is at a similar level, so I know that “you must have lots of hypos” conversation well. I find that being able to show records of numbers, testing, Libre graphs etc helps them accept that it is because we actively manage things rather than swing from low to low.
So congratulations on all your hard work.

Reactions: DawnOfTheZed

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mine is at a similar level, so I know that “you must have lots of hypos” conversation well. I find that being able to show records of numbers, testing, Libre graphs etc helps them accept that it is because we actively manage things rather than swing from low to low.
So congratulations on all your hard work.

Diakat, thank you. I actually said to my Consultant 'well, I do finger prick at least 6 times a day' and he said 'Well you don't always know if you're having hypos in between or during the night', my response was 'Well give me a CGM and I would know'!.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi to everyone. Well, my latest result is in and it's......drum roll...…..39

BRILLIANT SCORE. well done you .

And while T2D ..I get. That "glazed over look "

I got it.. I don't want the nephews to follow me, but they give that glazed over look

i got used to that same cold stare from others after a while :oops:

Last edited: