1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Latest HbA1c Results

Discussion in 'Success Stories and Testimonials' started by srobertson06, May 30, 2017.

1. srobertson06

srobertson06 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I never thought I would be able to post this type of message.......... Why because I never thought I would manage to do what so many others have done...... It has not been easy and I still struggle each and every day.

HbA1c latest test result 42mmol/mol - finally the doctors surgery is happy with me - told me to carry on doing what I am doing as all results are looking good.
    I have 4 pages of results and no real idea what they all mean but the nurse said they are all in the green apart from the one you take a statin for because I stopped taking it due to complications which I could not live with.

The nurse said the copies of the results would normally be 5p per sheet - so I said I was happy to pay it but she waived the cost by saying I should frame them as they were so good...........

I am delighted and a little shell shocked - I never thought I would get this far, it has taken me a couple of years - 9 months of following NHS guidelines and then rest of the time trying Low Carb High Fat - need now to look at the High Fat side of things to see if I can again start to lose weight - just slowly - but going down. The past 8 weeks the weight has remained the same - not that I am complaining at that because it has remained stable so I am not making matters worse.

Now I have to keep the good work up and not allow myself to slip back........

To those of you who have helped me with encouragement and even those who have simply written about their own experience I want to say thank you it has helped.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 5
  2. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Oracle

Well done great results.. don't fret about the weight so much... your sugars are coming down so your health is improving.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802 Type 2 (in remission!) · Legend

Well done, that is excellent news. I agree, weight loss is secondary to reduced blood sugars. It sounds like the only non-green result was cholesterol. If it worries you, let us know the breakdown and we'll try to re-assure you. :)

Keep up the good fight, but allow yourself a little celebration. You deserve it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. walnut_face

walnut_face Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Very well done! Don't fret about the cholesterol, remember no cholesterol = no life!!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Goonergal

Goonergal Type 2 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Well done, great result.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ultramum

Ultramum Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Excellent news :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. carol43

carol43 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Congratulations

• Like Like x 1
  8. smw99

smw99 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

You should be really proud of yourself. Keep on trying as it is so worth it!

• Like Like x 1
  9. AM1874

AM1874 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi @srobertson06 ..
    Well done and many congrats on your great result :happy:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook