Latest HbA1c Results

srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cycling, Exercise Classes
I never thought I would be able to post this type of message.......... Why because I never thought I would manage to do what so many others have done...... It has not been easy and I still struggle each and every day.

HbA1c latest test result 42mmol/mol - finally the doctors surgery is happy with me - told me to carry on doing what I am doing as all results are looking good.
I have 4 pages of results and no real idea what they all mean but the nurse said they are all in the green apart from the one you take a statin for because I stopped taking it due to complications which I could not live with.

The nurse said the copies of the results would normally be 5p per sheet - so I said I was happy to pay it but she waived the cost by saying I should frame them as they were so good...........

I am delighted and a little shell shocked - I never thought I would get this far, it has taken me a couple of years - 9 months of following NHS guidelines and then rest of the time trying Low Carb High Fat - need now to look at the High Fat side of things to see if I can again start to lose weight - just slowly - but going down. The past 8 weeks the weight has remained the same - not that I am complaining at that because it has remained stable so I am not making matters worse.

Now I have to keep the good work up and not allow myself to slip back........

To those of you who have helped me with encouragement and even those who have simply written about their own experience I want to say thank you it has helped.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done, that is excellent news. I agree, weight loss is secondary to reduced blood sugars. It sounds like the only non-green result was cholesterol. If it worries you, let us know the breakdown and we'll try to re-assure you. :)

Keep up the good fight, but allow yourself a little celebration. You deserve it.

Reactions: Ultramum

smw99

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You should be really proud of yourself. Keep on trying as it is so worth it!

Reactions: Prem51