Latest HbA1c

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
Just picked up latest HbA1c results from the surgery and.......
its 27 (4.6%) below low reference limit according to the records..

Thanks to all you guys for your support.. so I am 33kg lighter and more healthy

I only have Serum Cholesterol level of 5.6 mmol/L
HDL 1.4 mmol/L
Serum /HDL ration of 4
no mention of trigs or LDL so I'm guessing they weren't measured? Any info on that one?

Last one was 5.4 and before that 5.2 so not exactly moving much and no doctor I don't want statins thanks...

Absolutely brilliant. Congratulations for a great set of results:)

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Fantastic!

Re Statins - I am with you too. From what I understand, by reducing your cholesterol, you may actually be increasing your risk for cardiovascular disease. The body needs adequate cholesterol to perform a number of critical functions, and there is strong evidence that people have a higher risk for heart attacks by having their cholesterol levels driven too low, as is being done by drugs like Statins. Further research suggests that one should really only consider Statins if heart disease is apparent, and even if so, based on the statistics, taking Statins would give a 1-3 day extra life span at a risk of developing...wait for it.....TYPE 2 Diabetes, liver damage and memory loss.....

Sadly, despite good intentions, doctors have targets and are heavily under nefarious influences when it comes to "dis-ease".