Latest Hba1c

ObscureMH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi all,

Not been on for a while as been putting off Hba1c following a holiday seeing my brother in Australia over Christmas, which was lower carb than last time, but not exactly best behaviour.

Anyhoo - Diagonised Sept 17 with Hba1c of 92, got that down to 43 in December test, with LCHF diet.
Agreed with doc in December to come off statins, reduce Metformin to 2 x SR per day, and re-test after 3 months.

Just had results from blood test in mid-April and am now down to 41 which I'm rather happy with, as this falls into "normal" range - high normal admittedly.

Will arrange a follow up with doc to discuss Metformin. I've been a bit lax with the evening one and if I'm honest probably only take that one 3 out of 7 nights. So, will probably suggest to him that I go down to 1 per day and assess at next test.

I've not been an angel since December, having the occasional off-night and sometimes 1 or 2 beers at the weekend (genuinely 1 or 2, i.e. 1 per night), but 90+% of the time I'm LCHF and bad bits were within the Hba1c period.
Some things I have been doing - Lidl protein rolls a couple of times a week (well until they stopped doing them) or HiLo bread a couple of times a week, and a small glass of red wine most week nights (larger ones at the weekend).
Just started running again, had my gym intro this morning, and entered a team for a mud/obstacle run in September - find I need a specific event goal to get me exercising I'm afraid.

Hope the reduced numbers gives some of you some inspiration to keep at it.

Thanks to the forum again for help and guidance.
Mark

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Keep up the good work and congratulations!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very well done! Keep up the good work!

ObscureMH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Latest Hba1c = 39, another 2 point drop. So, after just over a year I've gone from 92 to 43 to 41 to 39.
Been on 1 500mg metformin SR per day since last post and over period of this reading. Generally eating well with LCHF with occasional treats and occasional beer, but more likely red wine or GnT. Occasional running and gym (when not ridden with Flu from the Flu jab!). Will discuss options with doc on coming off metformin next time I see him.
Happy to report progress and thanks for everyone's support.

Reactions: Prem51

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Latest Hba1c = 39, another 2 point drop. So, after just over a year I've gone from 92 to 43 to 41 to 39.
Been on 1 500mg metformin SR per day since last post and over period of this reading. Generally eating well with LCHF with occasional treats and occasional beer, but more likely red wine or GnT. Occasional running and gym (when not ridden with Flu from the Flu jab!). Will discuss options with doc on coming off metformin next time I see him.
Happy to report progress and thanks for everyone's support.
Excellent news and well done for keeping on keeping on.. I'm pretty sure your results will carry on improving over time.

Mudaiar2625

Hi all
I just got lab report HbAIc 10 went to lab after little finger tingling. Started low carb, walking after breakfast, meal and dinner for minimum 45 minutes, will come back after 4 months of self monitoring , Thanks and Regards