Latest NICE guidance for Type 2

6cats

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have read allowed of this from MICE are. No wonder care, advice and support is so poor. More advice, support, education in school would go a long way to prevent this. I wonder who writes all of this?

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I wonder who writes all of this?
A panel of so called experts with a load of letters following their names and huge salaries.

They can stick their guidelines where the sun never shines.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A panel of so called experts with a load of letters following their names and huge salaries.

Unfortunately their word is our bond (or bind).

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If you do a search (Ctl F) on 2016 in the document you will find only one paragraph has changed since the update in 2015

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I didn't get where I am today by waiting round for guidelines .

And don't forget that The theft of invention is the mother and father of a lie

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other

Not strictly true. There is also patient representation on the panels that set these guidelines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Not strictly true. There is also patient representation on the panels that set these guidelines.
That is true but who carries the weight in these matters the so called experts with the letters behind their names. They will listen to the patient reps then they will decide what is best then the bean counters will have the final say.

Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.
That is true but who carries the weight in these matters the so called experts with the letters behind their names. They will listen to the patient reps then they will decide what is best then the bean counters will have the final say.
As one who is a public patient voice for the Dept of Health and NHS England, I can assure you that the input of myself and others carries greater weight than you imply.

equipoise

As one who is a public patient voice for the Dept of Health and NHS England, I can assure you that the input of myself and others carries greater weight than you imply.
Do you mean that the NICE recommendations reflect your input? Were there any recommendations that you urged them to change? Are you happy with the current guidelines?

Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.
I have not worked on these NICE Guidelines. My involvement has been on dentistry nationally and healthcare in London. I do know that NHS England has a team of lay people whose job it is to make sure that lay input into its various committees is valued and taken into account