Type 2 Lazy bowels

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Good morning everyone For a few weeks now it feels as though my bowells dont work....strange thing to say, i know. I dont mean constipation....although thats evident...but its as though they've just stopped working. I eat a LOT of leafy green veg and always have been a big water drinker. But its as though they've just given up. Theres never an urge to go and my weight loss has stopped. I do have wide spread muscle and nerve conditions being investigated but this is something new, as is diabetes diagnosis (8 weeks) Could it be diabetes or metformin related? Thank you for listening guys.

Bash_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Celery
Good morning everyone For a few weeks now it feels as though my bowells dont work....strange thing to say, i know. I dont mean constipation....although thats evident...but its as though they've just stopped working. I eat a LOT of leafy green veg and always have been a big water drinker. But its as though they've just given up. Theres never an urge to go and my weight loss has stopped. I do have wide spread muscle and nerve conditions being investigated but this is something new, as is diabetes diagnosis (8 weeks) Could it be diabetes or metformin related? Thank you for listening guys.
8 week, a steep learning curve then. Don't worry you'll soon pick it up.
Metformin doesn't agree with everyone, gave me the opposite to your condition and wouldn't settle.
Bowel movement.
I'd try a few foods that traditionally have made you loose. Warm drinks in the morning Black coffee is a favourite for most.
Food at breakfast is essential as it gives the body something to work on rather than stagnate, something like high fibre until you get your system back on track.
Plenty of exercise.

Full nature yoghurt with or without additional honey (I know I shouldn't to the honey but its half a tea spoon ) insulin takes care of the additional sugar. Yoghurt has a balance effect and if you're unwell will kick start the emunine system to get a move on, but not to be taken with any antibiotics as for me it competes and stops them working
All the best

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I suggest increasing your gut bacteria with yoghurt or maybe kefir to get things going. I've struggled for years with lazy bowel and used laxatives which I reckon cleared out the gut too effectively so you got into a yo-yo. I resisted the tablets and had natural Greek yoghurt every day for a few months and am now pretty regular. I have stopped the yoghurt now and all remains ok.

HTH

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
When I went low carb I found a mix of milled flaxseed and chia seed porridge really helped. Made with a little coconut milk, cinnamon and sweetener, served with double cream. Don't forget if you give up processed food you'll need to add salt.
And I have greek yogurt with fresh raspberries in the evening.

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Thanks everyone. I have natural greek yogurt everyday and i try to include chia seeds into my meals whenever possible. Its so difficult to explain. Its not like constipation feeling....which ive known many times being a ibs sufferer....but this is as though there is NO urge, NO bowel movement at all! Its not a nice feeling.
Ive git the Dabetic nurse calling me back on Monday.

Someone has suggested it may be connected to my auto immune diseases.... Rheumatoid Arthritis.....so im going to give my Rheumy nurse a call too.

Thanks again everyone
Have a fab day

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I suggest it is to do with the widespread muscle and nerve issues you are being investigated for.

Bash_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Celery
Thanks everyone. I have natural greek yogurt everyday and i try to include chia seeds into my meals whenever possible. Its so difficult to explain. Its not like constipation feeling....which ive known many times being a ibs sufferer....but this is as though there is NO urge, NO bowel movement at all! Its not a nice feeling.
Ive git the Dabetic nurse calling me back on Monday.

Someone has suggested it may be connected to my auto immune diseases.... Rheumatoid Arthritis.....so im going to give my Rheumy nurse a call too.

Thanks again everyone
Have a fab day
How did you get on? Fresh Ginger added to an odd meal may help increase body temperature, improves circulation and in turn bowl movement if you get my drift.
Rhubarb with Honey (natural antioxidant) is also great to keep you regular but don't forget to increase insulin to compensate. What a subject I know but if it helps resolve and issue.

Hope you've improved in any case. Regards

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
How did you get on? Fresh Ginger added to an odd meal may help increase body temperature, improves circulation and in turn bowl movement if you get my drift.
Rhubarb with Honey (natural antioxidant) is also great to keep you regular but don't forget to increase insulin to compensate. What a subject I know but if it helps resolve and issue.

Hope you've improved in any case. Regards
As a diet controlled T2 honey is on my list of never foods. Rhubarb with a little natural sweetener such as truvia or xylitol is fine for me.