LCHF and sinus issues

Glennis67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
i wonder if this happens to anyone else please. Im T2D and diet controlled. Ive been on LCHF for three months and reduced my reading to 40 which Im really pleased about.

We have been in Austria for five days and Ive eaten hotel/restaurant food - the first time Ive not counted carbs in three months. Ive tried to focus on meat and veg and avoid as many carbs as possible but my days did include some beer and wine.

24 hours after arriving home I had sore sinuses, blocked ears, sore mouth. My sinuses are now streaming although I don’t feel like I have a cold (don’t feel “virusy”). i’m wondering if Ive not drunk enough water?

Does this happen to anyone else? Im now back on the carb counting!

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds more like a reaction to something you've consumed. Most beers have gluten in them. Possibly it's that. Reactions to food are not always gut related. Lots of people find sinus issues clear up eating LCHF.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My immediate thought was, assuming you flew, that you picked something up on the plane.. hotbeds of disease breeding that they are...?

Reactions: Kittycat_7_

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Beer and dairy both give me massive sinus problems as do some airborne allergens so Id be looking at any significant change in foods eaten while away, then test the effect of eating them again

Reactions: Serena51

Kittycat_7_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
My sister gets sinus problems because of flying, probably the air pressure.

Glennis67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
i wonder if this happens to anyone else please. Im T2D and diet controlled. Ive been on LCHF for three months and reduced my reading to 40 which Im really pleased about.

We have been in Austria for five days and Ive eaten hotel/restaurant food - the first time Ive not counted carbs in three months. Ive tried to focus on meat and veg and avoid as many carbs as possible but my days did include some beer and wine.

24 hours after arriving home I had sore sinuses, blocked ears, sore mouth. My sinuses are now streaming although I don’t feel like I have a cold (don’t feel “virusy”). i’m wondering if Ive not drunk enough water?

It’s happened again. I ate a piece of cake (naughty) and had blocked sinuses, ears! Itchy throat etc. Glands went up so took an antihistamine and it went down. It’s a histamine reaction to sugar!!!!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies

Carb flu has similiar symptoms. Now you have restarted your low carb diet.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
It’s happened again. I ate a piece of cake (naughty) and had blocked sinuses, ears! Itchy throat etc. Glands went up so took an antihistamine and it went down. It’s a histamine reaction to sugar!!!!
Very useful information. You are not allergic to nuts or dairy now.... Are you? Almonds caused similiar for me. Ulcers in mouth and antihistamines cleared my dry eyes, puffy face and arms.