LCHF success!

GeorgiyH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have just had my latest blood results back.
I was diagnosed diabetic late November last year, with sugars well over 70. After the initial shock, and increasing medications over the last couple of months, today it has all paid off.
I switched to a low carb high fat diet and today I got the results from the doctor that the blood sugar level was 38. (And this was despite going in for the test on Easter Tuesday after a couple of days of chocolate, Easter bread and paskha - a rich cheesecake like confection.)
The doctor is pleased, my medication is reduced and so I guess I just maintain the LCHF diet from now on. I am really thrilled as I had been really distressed by the diagnosis of diabetes.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The doctor is pleased, my medication is reduced and so I guess I just maintain the LCHF diet from now on. I am really thrilled as I had been really distressed by the diagnosis of diabetes.
Brilliant news, very well done indeed.. I remember your first few posts and it's so good to see how you have taken control.

Reactions: GeorgiyH

GeorgiyH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thank you Bulkbiker - it just goes to show what a change in diet and determination can do and I appreciate your earlier support and advice.
I was really freaked out when I first got diagnosed, and everything I read made me feel physically sick, but now I see that this is something I can control and hopefully work my way to being medication free.

Beth.uk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I was diagnosed diabetic late November last year, with sugars well over 70. After the initial shock, and increasing medications over the last couple of months, today it has all paid off.
I switched to a low carb high fat diet and today I got the results from the doctor that the blood sugar level was 38. (And this was despite going in for the test on Easter Tuesday after a couple of days of chocolate, Easter bread and paskha - a rich cheesecake like confection.)
Well done, you are an inspiration along with many others here. I am hoping for the same results myself. Take care

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Another stunning result.

It would be great if the powers that be on this forum would keep a counter on the main page for those who have obtained non diabetic levels via LCHF (and any other method).

Reactions: GeorgiyH

GeorgiyH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Another stunning result.

It would be great if the powers that be on this forum would keep a counter on the main page for those who have obtained non diabetic levels via LCHF (and any other method).
What a great idea!