Status
Not open for further replies.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Indy ... try finding anything from Robbie Swann and he didn't delete them as far as I'm aware.
Oranges and apples I guess. Wasn't he part of the double act con job or Munchausen by internet or whatever stunt he and the "missus" were pulling? From memory, they posted multitudinous threads, all started by one or t'other of them, all about the perils of Robbie. I don't recall them interacting very much on any other threads on the forum except their own. So it would have been an easy job to identify and remove their threads. And since it was all an elaborate hoax, I doubt any other members were sorry to see their own posts removed along with the perpetrators.

Deciding you want to leave is a personal issue and nothing to do with the safety of other members.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
One of the comments I took exception to on another thread was telling me personally that diabetes is progressive (despite the fact that my HbA1cs don't seem to show this) . I feel for the person who told me this because they have been sold a lie. It doesn't have to be progressive. We have had T2's on here who have been on insulin for years and now don't need it because they followed the advice on here, whether that advice be LCHF, the ND diet or even the Mediterranean diet or Dr Moseley's. They are all mentioned on here and give folks a lot of options, unlike the standard NHS advice. I totally agree that people should be told their options and it's so wrong that the NHS doesn't always do this. That's why we're here on a free forum because the NHS that we all pay for doesn't always properly inform us. If the NHS was perfect we wouldn't need Dr Google.

Reactions: Goonergal

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
But @zand - I have to admit that my diabetes IS progressive: it's progressed very nicely from well and truly diabetic on metformin to unmedicated and close to non diabetic levels of pre-diabetes through the marvels of low carb eating. I'm more than happy with such progress. :D

Robbity

Reactions: Antje77

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
And not for a very long time yet!!!

Me too thou. I'll only be quiet, in death. No one can really shut me up.
I must be saying something worth listening too. Even thou i often forget what I've said. Lately.
One of the comments I took exception to on another thread was telling me personally that diabetes is progressive (despite the fact that my HbA1cs don't seem to show this) . I feel for the person who told me this because they have been sold a lie. It doesn't have to be progressive. We have had T2's on here who have been on insulin for years and now don't need it because they followed the advice on here, whether that advice be LCHF, the ND diet or even the Mediterranean diet or Dr Moseley's. They are all mentioned on here and give folks a lot of options, unlike the standard NHS advice. I totally agree that people should be told their options and it's so wrong that the NHS doesn't always do this. That's why we're here on a free forum because the NHS that we all pay for doesn't always properly inform us. If the NHS was perfect we wouldn't need Dr Google.
It's great that we now know that diabetes isn't a progressive disease if we follow the advice here and dump the standard NHS advice.

After I got the diabetes in remission and reversed the diabetic retinopathy and macular oedema by following low carb and keto I had another appointment with the Eye Clinic. I was so looking forward to the appointment because my consultant had showed a lot of interest in how I had reversed the eye problems and I was feeling really proud of the way I had stuck 100% to low carb since my last eye clinic appointment.

The tests showed eyes still OK but my consultant wasn't there and I saw a different doctor who got quite angry with me. He said I was deluding myself because diabetes was a chronic progressive degenerative disease and I would just get worse and worse and there was nothing I could do to stop this progression. I tried to tell him about the research by Prof Taylor but that just made him more and more angry - especially when I reminded him that the tests they had just done showed my eyes were still OK.

I must admit that I was very shaken by the encounter. Then I realised that he was absolutely right. Diabetes is a progressive disease and can ultimately lead to blindness and foot amputations - if you follow the standard NHS advice. This was exactly what was happening to me before I discovered low carb and keto.

So I kept on with 20g carbs and eyes and foot still OK and no meds and no injected insulin. Possibly I was the first person he had seen who had come off the insulin and hopefully he wouldn't react in the same way now.

I have a wonderful DN who totally supports low carb. I now am completely in the care of my DN and no longer have to attend the Diabetes Clinic at the hospital. I couldn't ask for a more knowledgeable, supportive and kind Diabetes Nurse.

Reactions: gemma_T1

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have a wonderful DN who totally supports low carb. I now am completely in the care of my DN and no longer have to attend the Diabetes Clinic at the hospital. I couldn't ask for a more knowledgeable, supportive and kind Diabetes Nurse.
Yes there are some good ones around. :) They tend to be the ones who are more willing to learn than to teach and more willing to listen than to preach. Those who know they don't know it all are usually good HCPs, those who think they know it all usually know less than most.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
And not for a very long time yet!!!

Me too thou. I'll only be quiet, in death. No one can really shut me up.
I must be saying something worth listening too. Even thou i often forget what I've said. Lately.

Ickihun, YOU are an absolute star as far as I am concerned, I see your posts in many of the threads and I am always amazed at your positive attitude (despite all your challenges) and your commitment to helping others. There are plenty of others too but I have to say you always take the time to respond, write comments, add your experience and I don't think I have ever seen you reply in a snotty way. There you go, just my personal opinion.x

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This has come up on the group a few times as why we can't end our membership our self. I do not think admin has really said why we are not allowed to do it.
Just not posting anymore is not leaving a group that we no longer wish to be a member of. I am sure in the huge number of registered members here hundreds of them no longer take part because it is made difficult to end the membership we are not children we should not have to ask to leave but I suppose it makes the group look impressive to have such a large membership
We have the right to end the membership of any group and remove all our personal details with the press of a button without having to ask admin to do it. It is the only group I have and still do belong to that you can't do that but why it would make things easier for members who want to leave and the moderators.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Yes sugar damage an be reversed for some. For some it is stalled, which in itself can be a huge relief.
There is always ways to persuade your body that low carb which includes sugar is not needed. Ignoring cravings due to this addiction is the first step.
Any addiction is harmful.
All our bodies have different variations of addiction and dietery need. Especially if other health problems restrict diet even more.
Not much food is not harmful to me but a sad existence of diet and not sustainable.... unless I have surgery and a life of supplements. Which ive decided to opt for, for life; to support the progressive diabetes on the nhs hba1c target range up to just below 7.0, for me on insulin.
A gigantic turnaround for many old diabetics (diagnosed a long time).
I'm sure even a reversed MP hasn't been diagnosed long.
There is a huge difference on how much work is needed to reverse.... a very long damaging journey.
Obesity is normally very damaging on its own, with or without diabetes.

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I feel that there is only one path being promoted, with people like me, with different views being made to feel bad. I also feel that no new person benefits from them as they are never told about differing opinions and options they have a right to consider.

Above is what is what the OP said and we all know that other options are rarely mentioned even though not all members do LCHF for various reasons I just wonder what opinion people have about that

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Ickihun, YOU are an absolute star as far as I am concerned, I see your posts in many of the threads and I am always amazed at your positive attitude (despite all your challenges) and your commitment to helping others. There are plenty of others too but I have to say you always take the time to respond, write comments, add your experience and I don't think I have ever seen you reply in a snotty way. There you go, just my personal opinion.x
Thank you @KK123.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I feel that there is only one path being promoted, with people like me, with different views being made to feel bad. I also feel that no new person benefits from them as they are never told about differing opinions and options they have a right to consider.

Above is what is what the OP said and we all know that other options are rarely mentioned even though not all members do LCHF for various reasons I just wonder what opinion people have about that
I say.. we are all different. Some may have other more important tasks in their life than committing to a huge overhaul of lifestyle. They know their own limitations compared to strangers on a forum but ironically this forum is the best ive seen for long long term support. Gaining posters as lifelong friends, even away from the forum, if you request.
I feel like I have a diabetic family. All families have rules and respect needs.

Reactions: zand

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This thread is being locked. As the OP has had the information requested. and it has been acknowledged the thread no longer serves its intended purpose.

For any ongoing conversations, on other topics, please feel free to start new threads

Reactions: porl69
Status
Not open for further replies.