JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@ally1 thanks for your kind words and you are so right. :)

By that I mean we do all say things in the moment that we may regret on reconsideration.

Reactions: ally1 and Guzzler

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Funny thing I've noticed about bullies over the years - they can usually dish it out, but can't take it when someone dishes it back. Just sayin'.

Reactions: Guzzler

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I Don, t normally comment on posts when people say they want to leave and to have their account deleted.
To be honest, the way I look at a forum for any illness etc, to me everyone has their own opinion on various things.
Yes I hold my hands up and have moaned about my surgery with very good reason.
If I ever get a responce that I Don, t like or I Don t agree with, iresd and just move on from it.
No doubt I have replied to someone's post that they don,t agree with.
The way I look at it, in the t2 section, it's adults as it I would say only affects adults but I could be wrong.
To me this forum has been a godsend to me
Like some other members, I have had the odd posting deleted and a mod has explained the reasons.
Final point, if you Don, t like being here or hate what's been posted, then just walk away, why post saying you are leaving.
You definitely had good reason to moan about your surgery's old style. They have improved because of your complaint hun.

Reactions: feniangirl
D

Deleted member 308541

None of this snowflake stuff from me if I'm gunna leave the forum it will be when I am dead.

No more posts, so simple to do.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
See your post is still there though not every ones is .

I think I'm going to have to leave this forum as I have been treated diabolically.

Can any body tell me how to do so please and I am not baiting or joking.
What?
No. You cannot leave. We need your experience. I always recommend your words of wisdom.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
None of this snowflake stuff from me if I'm gunna leave the forum it will be when I am dead.

Let us know how it works out.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
@zand will probably get this ... and nothing to do with the OP. Why can't the entire account and accompanying posts be deleted? Fair question I would have thought

Reactions: Sani Thomas

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Sometimes I think that people who undermine others by doubting their experiences don't realise they are being a bully. Sometimes there are just the one or two bullies on a thread who insist they are right despite lots of true anecdotal evidence to the contrary. I have seen this a few times over the past five or so years here. Sometimes people can be blinkered. I think we should all take off those blinkers.
I'm guilty of blinkers but only because once I find something that ACTUALLY works after searching for decades I want to shout it out for the whole world to know.
SO THEY DON'T HAVE FUTURE SUFFERING UNNECESSARILY.
I'm a compassionate person but that's not bullying. Shouting neither.
Bullying is shouting down another's voice so they cannot be heard.
Or making another feel delibately uncomfortable.
Has @Sani Thomas 's complaint of bullying been addressed but @Sani Thomas still feels uncomfortable?
This poster has a write to complain, like us all.
Maybe leaving post is an attempt to let posters know that there is still discomfort and needs support?

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Why can't the entire account and accompanying posts be deleted?
I don't think it is as simple as that. Deleting all posts would make some historical threads incomprehensible. I think that the mods need to be certain someone actually wants to delete their account and is not having a hissy fit. Hence they are are waiting for an instruction.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm back but I did find out how to leave log out, scared me though cause I couldn't remember my password for a while there .

Sorry but you will not get rid of me so easily I'm afraid.:)
You.
Tut tut. I nearly believed your request there.
You won't catch me out next time. Mr.
Ha ha

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies

And not for a very long time yet!!!

Me too thou. I'll only be quiet, in death. No one can really shut me up.
I must be saying something worth listening too. Even thou i often forget what I've said. Lately.

Reactions: feniangirl

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
I don't think it is as simple as that. Deleting all posts would make some historical threads incomprehensible. I think that the mods need to be certain someone actually wants to delete their account and is not having a hissy fit. Hence they are are waiting for an instruction.

If you make the decision of your own volition, then you should be given that right to delete your account

MikeyJ

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can someone tell me how to leave the forum and delete my account?
I am very dissatisfied by the T2 group, and it has caused me stress, confusion and mistrust. I feel that there is only one path being promoted, with people like me, with different views being made to feel bad. I also feel that no new person benefits from them as they are never told about differing opinions and options they have a right to consider.
Most of the posts are full of anecdotal stories of medical and nursing staff being incompetent and uncaring. While admittedly there are some, it doesn't describe the professions. Any newly diagnosed person has their thrust in their hcp undermined.

Moderators erase posts they don't like, using the rules excuse, but are oblivious when there is bullying in a thread. When a completely unknown to me person tried to stand in my defence, her post was deleted. Apparently she did not complain in the correct way.

My expectation is that this post will be deleted so please, how do I delete my account!
Sorry you are looking to leave, it's been refreshing to hear someone feel (as I do) that the mostly blanket criticism of HCPs on here doesn't sit quite right

Reactions: Pinkorchid

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I agree as it must be very time consuming if poster has been a very active poster.
I suppose in the world of I.T nothing is impossible. Maybe just programme to change poster's name to unknown, maybe. Would solve that issue.

Reactions: Antje77

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
Ok - some amusing responses but bordering on taking the mickey out of the original poster who, of course, could just walk away but is obviously trying to make a valid point about how they feel this forum has or hasn’t helped.
A quick look back at Sani’s messages points to a very challenging T2 journey. This sounds to me like an appeal to be more supportive rather than a genuine desire to leave.
@Sani Thomas - tell us more about where you are at with T2? What is your approach and is it working? What would you like help with?

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you make the decision of your own volition, then you should be given that right to delete your account
They already have that option - they can do the hard work themselves and go and blank all their posts out if it's that important to them. I've seen people do that in the past. My view is that they're being spiteful for no good reason, but each to their own.

Reactions: ickihun
D

Deleted member 308541

They already have that option - they can do the hard work themselves and go and blank all their posts out if it's that important to them. I've seen people do that in the past. My view is that they're being spiteful for no good reason, but each to their own.
I have seen that done, I have often wondered what @emptyplate posted in this thread he / she started, I also noticed that he / she is marked as a Guest so has copped a banning for something.

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/type-2-life.81469/

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
"Guest" by itself indicates they voluntarily left the forum. It's only if the word is struck through that they're banned. Subtle difference, but a giveaway.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes

@Indy ... try finding anything from Robbie Swann and he didn't delete them as far as I'm aware.

Status
Not open for further replies.