1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Leg cramp

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by abs, Jul 22, 2012.

1. abs

abs Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Every night I've had cramp in my leg my levels are up and down however I'm on antibs at mo just wondering if the cramp could be down to diabetes?

2. librarising

librarising LADA · Well-Known Member

Might be.

Some find drinking tonic water (diet, of course) helps, since it contains quinine.
    I now drink tonic water regularly (it sure tastes nicer than baking soda), as a preventative measure.
    Will do so unless it stops working.

Best of luck with that.

Geoff

3. Spiral

Spiral · Well-Known Member

My physio suggested a magnesium supplement might help. I was getting regualr calf cramps due to an achilles problem. When i started taking the magnesium supplement the frequency of the night time cramps reduced. i have also been doing achillies stretching excercises. If you are taking medication or have complex medical problem speak to a pharmacist ot your PP before taking supplements.

4. BaliRob

BaliRob Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Do not be tempted to accept Quninine Sulphate prescription from your doctor. Banned in US 1999 having caused the deaths of seventy long-term users like me who now have kidney damage.

5. basketcase1002

basketcase1002 Type 2 · Member

Abs, are you taking statins?

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook