Lessci Newcastle Diet

375lindyloo

It doesn't mention tea and coffee in the lists but it does say water and low cal/carb drinks and the shakes to drink. I am reading it as a detox so it's the caffeine that would go against this. Actually was convinced that I had read it but it doesn't mention it in the diet sheet at all as you say. Why not play safe and have decaf?

carraway

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Wow! Well done. :clap: If you lose only half as much next week that will be over a stone in a fortnight!

Keep up the good work and keep us all up to date.

lessci

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How did people who followed the diet and stuck to it cope with cravings? I'm not hungry, but craving chicken (particulaly KFC) in the evenings! I've even dreamt about it and the Tv adverts aren't helping!! I was very tempted last night just to get in the car and get some, but I had a large peppermint tea instead :?

carraway

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
I have no idea but don't do it!!!!

Think of how well you have done so far. Don't waste it!

Cara

D

Deleted member 42563

good luck....you have a huge team of people behind you, supporting you every inch and every ounce of the way.

give it your best shot, you can't do more than that....

Thanks for being so visible on the blog, because that helps others who don't have your confidence and it may also help you in your commitment to staying the course you have set yourself.

all the best for a successful outcome.

John

lessci

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
After my wobble on Monday thought I'd do a midweek look at my numbers to spur me on. Fasting bg 6.6 weight 16st 12 so that another 4 lbs already this week. The results have strengthened my resolve to do this. Back at the dn tonight for my results. Expecting to go on statins,(had high Coll since my mid twenties due to familial hypercolestrolimia sic) but hoping to avoid anything else fingers cross

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

carraway

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Well done.

How are you feeling? How are your energy levels?

I'm starting tomorrow. Any tips? Especially on evening meals.

Did you check your inch loss yet?

I'm going to look for a tape measure!

Cara

lessci

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My energy levels are actualy up, possibly cos I'm carrying less weight about! I recommend the Tomato Sauce receipe from the website with cougette ribbons instead of pasta, plain salads look alot on your plate, but I seem hungrier sooner than other food, stir-frys are the meal of choice at the minute, with ginger, garlic 5 spice powder, chilli etc to spice them up a bit, the most satisfiying seem to be the ones which have brocolli in them. I have made the pepper & chilli soup, but having a "solid" meal once a day satifies something mentally. I been having shake for breakfast, a soup for lunch meal about 6pm then another shake at about 9 but next week some of my main meals will be at lunch time so I'm not sure how thats going to work mentally, I shall let you know. 2" off my waist in the 1st week so I was pleased with that, only 13 more to go!!!! Good Luck for tomorrow it's tough but do-able and the support here is invaluable, espicially when you have a bit of a wobble.

lessci

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hba1c levels down to 10.1 from 17.9 over the 3 months from diagnosis, cholesterol 5.4 down from 7.1 and 2st lost in total. Dn has upped my metformin to max but no extra meds so I'm happy for the time being and I don't have to go back for 3 months til my next hba1c blood test, :)

Rhaya

Hi Lessci,
fab news! How's it going? Still hanging in there. You kind of get used to it don't you? (hopefully!! :) )

Mongoose39uk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sprouts
I hope it is going well.

I know the food cravings are hard work. Just over half way through the fourth week and passing the bakery is best avoided :D

But there are unexpected good bits. My fasting morning blood glucose is down to all under 6's. The real surprise was that my blood pressure and resting pulse are way down after slowly creeping up. Now down to the levels of super fit in my 20's me.

carraway

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Hi Mongoose

Can I ask how much weight you have lost please? ANd your levels before you started?

Thanks
Cara
(on day 3!)

Mongoose39uk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sprouts
carraway said:
Hi Mongoose

Can I ask how much weight you have lost please? ANd your levels before you started?

Thanks
Cara
(on day 3!)

Hi Cara

I had lost a stone by last Monday (week 3)

Blood glucose fasting in the mornings were generally somewhere between 7 and 8.5 if I remember right.

lessci

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all this weeks numbers

Weight 16s 12
Bg 7
Waist 46"

Weight loss not as high but I was expecting that I know the way my body works with losing weight. But very pleased with another 2" off my waist measurement, I'll be needing new clothes soon

Mongoose39uk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sprouts
lessci said:
Morning all this weeks numbers

Weight 16s 12
Bg 7
Waist 46"

Weight loss not as high but I was expecting that I know the way my body works with losing weight. But very pleased with another 2" off my waist measurement, I'll be needing new clothes soon

Well done, keep it up :D

carraway

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Well done Lesley

I wonder how things will settle down now?

I'm on Day 4!

Cara.

carraway

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
How is everyone doing?

I'm ok. I am not missing food as much as I thought but finding it a challenge to cook for everyone else and not taste and nibble as I go along.

Cara