Lessci Newcastle Diet

lessci

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Cara,

I'm lucky in that way, as I live on my own so I don't have those temptations. and I tried to empty the freezer of all those banned goodies (you know, pork chops, chicken breasts etc all the really unheatly stuff! :D ) Still getting my roast chicken cravings, but not really craving carbs which is strange as before diagonsis I was a big carb eater although I had cut down alot pre-diet. Have you been on the scales yet or managed to resist?

Lesley

lessci

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well it's not been a particularly good week willpower wise and I've had a good amount of extras and it shows in the numbers.

Weight has stayed the same at 16s 12
Fasting bg 7.1 this morning
Waist 45.5" so that's 1/2" off

Time to be strict again

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

375lindyloo

Well done!
I felt that my appetite went to some extent. Bizarrely could have murdered some crushed nuts on my salads!
I used to nibble on a couple of sugar snap peas (right or wrong) or celery-I didn't cheat even though it was hard. Loved the soup but missed the crusty roll!
How have you got your cholesterol down Lessci as mine doesn't seem to want to budge and I can't take statins?
Good continued luck to all who are doing this diet. It's hard but it is worth it!

lessci

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi
Surprisingly yes it's down from 7.1 to 5.3 I say surprisingly as there's a family history of hypercholestrolimia. My grandad died at 62 with heart problems caused by it and my dads been on statins for 20 odd years

carraway

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
How is this week turning out Lesley?

My first week was fine but the weekend was a stuggle. I made flapjacks for the children and the pesky little thing jumped into my mouth all by itself.......................

Better today but I am hungry.

Try again tomorrow

Shzz46

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who try to tell me what to do
LOL I would worry if you have live flapjacks in your house

carraway

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
So Lesley.....anything to report?

It's tougher than I hoped but I have moved on to some Slim and Save products (shakes, soups, bars etc) and have discovered chips made from swede!

carraway

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Hi Lessci

Just wondered if there was an update?

Thanks

Cara

MaudieG

All this talk about the Newcastle diet and I can't find the diet sheet can anyone tell me where to get it. I have seen it before but now lost the link. I know there is a pdf file and that's the one I would like. :)) think I'll give it a go!