Let down by secondary school. Where do I go to highlight this?

LSPAngel2000

Hi all, does anyone know where or who I can contact to address my concerns regarding my sons treatment and mine whilst he has been at secondary school with type 1? I won't bore you with the details as we could be a while! It's gone beyond the headmaster . Any suggestions will be received grately. My intentions are to help future pupils entering the school with type 1. as well as raising the schools awareness especially the Staff. Also someone relevant needs to know how unfair, how undignified my sons treatment had been. and how a major error happened in his first years there.

Thanks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
People making judgements.
Have you tried the education department for the council? Board of Governors perhaps?

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Your first action should be to get a copy of the schools complaints procedure policy every school has to have one, and my advice to you is to follow it to the letter so it doesn't jeopardise your complaint

Normally your next port of call is the school governors, write a letter to the chair highlighting your concerns and ask for a meeting specifying a time frame. If it's still not resolved after this then you go to the local education authority again with a letter and a specific time scale. Ask if you can take notes when you meet the chair but also make them aware that you will use the notes you take.

Good luck

Reactions: 7 people