Levels for Non Diabetics

Hi guys. I’m new here. I’m worried I might have type two diabetes or at least pre diabetes.

If I eat around 100g grams of carbs (juice, rice, teriyaki sauce, etc), my one hour has been in the 160s and two hour in the 120s.

my husband who does not have diabetes will have the same meal and be in the 90s two hours later (sometimes even one hour later!)

Can non diabetic people have numbers in the 160-180+ range after eating around 100g of carbs? I’m just so worried and want to know what to expect. I know online it says anything under 140 after two hours is fine but I want some real life references.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Juice, rice, sauces will do that.... they are high carb. They spike levels and drive a high insulin demand which isn't good either. For a better understanding of diet you could click on the red link below. It's written by one of our members here and provides some great info.

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/blog-entry/the-nutritional-thingy.2330/

There is also www.dietdoctor.com if you want to look at lower carb meals and get those post meal levels down some.

And welcome to the forum!

Reactions: Lotties

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi,
I am not diabetic, but because I have a condition were my pancreas does not behave normally, it is possible to have higher than normal readings as you have stated.
However, having diabetes, is diagnosed by fasting levels, Hba1c levels and symptoms.
A pre meal reading or a two hours reading eating moderate carbs, can give you a baseline, and you can measure your response, by having the same meal more than once. Testing is about knowing what your blood glucose levels should be and seeing trends if they differ. Always remember, when testing, a pre meal is important and if you test two hours after first bite, it should not be more than 2mmols than your pre meal reading.