Levels

Tracey1803

I have just rang my docs any been told my levels are 87! I see people posting levels of over 10 when diagnosed and getting down to 5.9. At next blood test. Am I getting confused with the numbers

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have just rang my docs any been told my levels are 87! I see people posting levels of over 10 when diagnosed and getting down to 5.9. At next blood test. Am I getting confused with the numbers
The number you just got is likely to be your HbA1c, which is measured in mmol/mol. Its an average of what your blood glucose was up to in the past 3 months, weighing more heavily on the last two weeks. When people mention a ten and going down to a 5,9, that's a different test. That's what their blood sugars are right at that moment, measured with a glucose meter, and is measured in mmol/l. Ten is high, 5,9 is pretty much non-diabetic. As you've already seen people seeing their numbers change once they tackled their diabetes, i hope you now know you can draw some hope from that: Your blood glucose CAN come back down to non-diabetic levels, even when you're in the 80's. https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/blog-entry/the-nutritional-thingy.2330/ might help you get started.

You'll get the hang of this. And you're going to be okay.
Jo

Last edited:
Reactions: Tracey1803