torheedamy
Member
- Messages
- 22
- Type of diabetes
- Type 1
- Treatment type
- Insulin
I am going to switch from Levemir to Tresiba on Monday but I heard degludec is the main name of Tresiba. But that is because I have highs even on the maximum dose of Levemir.Hi, I haven't posted in a while but I have just changed to degludec insulin as a result of getting sore lumps on the injection sites from the levemir.
I was wondering whether anyone else has switched to degludec and if what they think of it.
Thanks in advance.
Victoria
Sent from my F8331 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app
I am going to switch from Levemir to Tresiba on Monday but I heard degludec is the main name of Tresiba. But that is because I have highs even on the maximum dose of Levemir.
30. There is because I'm using Novopen Echo for it, which only goes up to 30.How much are you taking? Didnt think there was a maximum qty to take of levemir???
Wow, I can think of times when I've been ill for a while I've had to inject over 60 units a night, generally I'm on around 40 now.30. There is because I'm using Novopen Echo for it, which only goes up to 30.
The Novopen Echo stops at either, the amount of units left in the pen, or at 30 as that's the last dose you can select at once.So what stops you dialling up more if you need more?
Tresiba you should use less but not necessarily so. Everybody is different. I'm actually using more although no where near your qty.
There are some people on higher doses than you and they just dial up twice or more....
The hospital, they don't want me to be doing more dials and injections so they gave me TresibaSo what stops you dialling up more if you need more?
Tresiba you should use less but not necessarily so. Everybody is different. I'm actually using more although no where near your qty.
There are some people on higher doses than you and they just dial up twice or more....
I have to start Tresiba on MondayThe hospital, they don't want me to be doing more dials and injections so they gave me Tresiba
Think what was meant is dial 30, inject, dial the rest of whats needed.The Novopen Echo stops at either, the amount of units left in the pen, or at 30 as that's the last dose you can select at once.
We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:
Do you accept cookies and these technologies?
We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:
Do you accept cookies and these technologies?