Levemir to Tresiba

22nw22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I will be switching from Levemir to Tresiba on Monday as the hospital wants me to have tresiba and for me to start Tresiba on Monday so mum can phone ASAP if she finds any troubles. Is Tresiba good? I mean I won't decide to get something else because the hospital want me to have Tresiba on Monday and want me to continue using Tresiba after that date. I have to have levemir tomorrow and on Sunday. Forget the last day of Levemir post because I didn't know that was not true. If I did I wouldn't have put that up

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Good news @nathanw777 :)

There are a number of people here who use Tresiba. Hopefully, they'll reply soon :)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'll tag in (from memory.) a Tresiba user.. It worked for her! & I believe her daughter too?
@mahola

Reactions: mahola

steve_p6

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The hospital gave me disposable pens to start but I asked the GP to switch the future prescriptions to Penfill cartridges for the NovoPen.

colt97

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
ive recently moved from using a insulin pump to tresiba and haven't used levemire in along time due to having the pump, but personally my control is so much better using tresiba, from what i remember about my days of taking levemire its very similar, upside being tresiba lasts a lot longer so your daily injection times are less strict, they still suggest you take it around the same time each day but if you don't its not the end of the world as long as you do take it within around 6 hours of the 24 hour mark from previous dose, for my self i give 20 units each day around 10/11AM and it works out well for me, when starting it constantly be testing your bloods and make sure that your carb calculations are perfect to avoid any abnormal levels so that you can accurately work out if you need more or less tresiba each day, give it a few weeks and i think you will find it is alot more flexible giving you that little bit more freedom, regardless of what you choose to do i wish you the best of luck.