LGBT thread

Do you think we should create an LGBT subforum?

• Yes, please!

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • No, a thread is fine

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Erm, I'm not sure!

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello!! how did I miss the gay thread?! happy to join in and all, though I cant say ive had any Gay and diabetic issues....
Hopefully you never do Engineer88 but hello and welcome indeed..
Nice to see you here.
Regards
Mark

Reactions: 4 people

engie1967

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Having recently been diagnosed with T2D, I have begun to question some of the certainties of my life. Good health can't be taken for granted, for example. I've had an internal struggle with sexuality all my life. I have felt I could never admit to being gay and I haven't for nearly half a century. A few weeks ago, I came out to my counsellor. And now I'm coming out here. Not very brave, I know, but it is a start and I now have a place where I can be myself completely. I am, as they say, what I am.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Having recently been diagnosed with T2D, I have begun to question some of the certainties of my life. Good health can't be taken for granted, for example. I've had an internal struggle with sexuality all my life. I have felt I could never admit to being gay and I haven't for nearly half a century. A few weeks ago, I came out to my counsellor. And now I'm coming out here. Not very brave, I know, but it is a start and I now have a place where I can be myself completely. I am, as they say, what I am.

Hello and welcome. You have just taken a major step in your life and if there is anything I can do to help then please feel free to PM me.

Reactions: 2 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Well Done @engie1967 - Welcome to the Forum and the Gay Thread. Don't be afraid to ask questions - we are here to help in whatever way we can. W:)

S

Shar67

Hi
You say it isn't brave to come out on here, but it is, it is a big step out, just know we are here to support you in any way.

Reactions: 2 people

Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.
It is great that you have joined the out gay people on the forum. It is humbling that you have chosen to do it here. You'll have all the support we can give you from our experience of our own sexuality journeys and our management of our diabetes.

Well done you.

Doug

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Come on people. We have to keep this thread from closing :).

Reactions: 13lizanne

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Come on people. We have to keep this thread from closing :).

Liam, I don't believe the thread is in an danger of closing. That would only usually happen if it goes horrendously off-track or breeches the Forum etiquette in another way.

If there are no posts for a while, it may gravitate a fair way down database of Recent Posts, but would always be there if a search was conducted.

I hope that helps ease your concerns.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@AndBreathe - Thank You Very Much. That's good to know. Have a lovely weekend. :) Liam.

Reactions: DavidK59

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
There was a gay pride thing in Carlisle 2 weeks ago
It drew a big turnout according to the local press

If it can happen in the backwaters of Cumbria it can happen anywhere

According to the local press it was a good family day out

Live and let live I say

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@Cumberland - Thanks for that. Nice of you to say Ian. :)

Last edited:

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just to bump the thread up the ladder in case there are people who haven't seen it before.
All the best
Mark

DressyFemme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Well I think this is a step in the right direction well done to whoever suggested it

Diabetes knows no boundaries I'm all for equality and diversity but I won't equally share my KFC with anyone lol

I won't either lol .... here we have a regional chicken shop known for its sweet BBQ sauce called Country Sweet. Not the healthiest thing for diabetics but once in awhile is fine (and sooo good)

DressyFemme

Type of diabetes
Type 2

Congratulations! I remember how hard coming out was for me.... I did an Ellen DeGeneres before Ellen was Ellen, coming out to my mom in an airport. Ugh. I hope your process is going smoothly. We find our collective strength in accepting ourselves and holding our heads up high in pride!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just seen this thread and joining in.

Like @Engineer88 I haven't encountered any gay and diabetic issues, but good to have a space for them to be discussed.

Have voted for a sub-forum @bulkbiker

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the vote but I fear its a bit too late..
Although with some new interest we can try and keep the thread going or jump start it anyway.. welcome to all new LGBTers