Libre 2 failed

mmohan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have been using libre 2 for two months now. The first 3 sensors worked fine but my 4th sensor gave me alarm saying my sensor has 4 days left. When I later checked, it said Loss of signal, so I tried to scan it with my phone but then it said sansor has failed and I should change it! I tried restarting both my phone and the app a few times but without success. So I don't know why the sensor failed. I've not kocked it or anything like that and it is still stuck to my arm and looks fine. It just failed 4 days earlier than expected! Has anyone else had this kind of issue and is there a way to re-set these sensors?

Rachox

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If it says remove it, in my experience, there’s nothing you can do to reset it. Phone Abbott and explain what happened and they will replace it. I’ve had a few dodgy sensors.

TheSecretCarbAddict

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've had a few Libre 2 sensors fail recently and a couple Libre 2+ sensors never reach their advertised lifetime of 15 days. I just report it via their online form, fill out all the details and they generally send out replacement sensor for me. This is the form I use: https://www.freestyle.abbott/uk-en/support/sensor-support-form.html

Reactions: SarahHammond

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
In my experience,

And in layman’s terms. It’s worth clearing the Bluetooth cache before writing the sensor off.
I believe the constant exchange of data & swapping every 2 weeks to a new device (sensor) can confuse the phone into thinking the sensor has ended?
When I actuality it’s confused with the previous sensor’s events log.

• Informative
Reactions: Melgar

TheSecretCarbAddict

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
In my experience,

And in layman’s terms. It’s worth clearing the Bluetooth cache before writing the sensor off.
I believe the constant exchange of data & swapping every 2 weeks to a new device (sensor) can confuse the phone into thinking the sensor has ended?
When I actuality it’s confused with the previous sensor’s events log.
I don't think you can do much when you get a message saying the sensor has failed and asking you to replace it.

Melgar

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
There are a number of ways these things fail, so frustrating. I had a Libre sensor that wouldn’t move past the yellow initializing screen.

Melgar

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have been using libre 2 for two months now. The first 3 sensors worked fine but my 4th sensor gave me alarm saying my sensor has 4 days left. When I later checked, it said Loss of signal, so I tried to scan it with my phone but then it said sansor has failed and I should change it! I tried restarting both my phone and the app a few times but without success. So I don't know why the sensor failed. I've not kocked it or anything like that and it is still stuck to my arm and looks fine. It just failed 4 days earlier than expected! Has anyone else had this kind of issue and is there a way to re-set these sensors?
Obviously you switched your phone off and on. I am a dud when it comes to anything IT. I called Libre for something similar and that was the advice they gave me.

LittleGreyCat

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
If you go to Help -> Event Log on your phone App that will have a record of any errors reported by your phone.
This will give you evidence for Abbott if they as for it.

There is an option to "Send Troubleshooting Data" although I haven't used it so far.

There are probably (hundreds of?) thousands of sensors out in use at any one time, so failure will happen, and Abbott understand this.

Rachox

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If you go to Help -> Event Log on your phone App that will have a record of any errors reported by your phone.
This will give you evidence for Abbott if they as for it.
Yes when I have phoned they sometimes ask for the error code, they help you find it if you’re not sure how.

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
If only there was a reset feature , I’d be resetting mine every 13 days , unfortunately I’ve not found one yet , best bet is to phone Abbott and they will send you a new one , don’t throw the failed one away as they will send you a bag and labels to return it. To be honest I’ve never had any issue any time I’ve reported problems with sensors , Abbot have always sent me replacements

Reactions: Jaylee

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't think you can do much when you get a message saying the sensor has failed and asking you to replace it.
Strangely last night whilst I was out gigging my sensor kept throwing up 7.1 mmol. For an hour…
Bit odd because I know how my BGs react during a show.
Then the signal was lost?
On rescanning the first chance I got during a set break it looked like the Libre was going into the 60 minute start up..
Scanning again. Nothing. This is a 13.5 day old sensor due to be changed the following day.
Lucky I always carry my meter as well, which read 6.1.
Did the second set & by the end of the night after loading the van to drive the hour and a 1/4 drive home I tested at 5.1 & topped up with 10g of carbs, just in case…
I started a new sensor, runs fine.

But looking at the old sensor on removing the double sided pad. The white “Dalek” shaped thing with the probe which connects the circuit seemed loose? This I believe caused the error for me. Especially with the reader thinking it was possibly a “new sensor” but had records of being used before.

Edit to ad a recap; I feel this was a poorly fabricated part that sits into the body of the sensor on application to complete the sensor circuit.

mmohan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks all for these replies. I've now got in touch with Abbot and they will replace the sensor and asked me to send back the faulty one. Thanks again to all for your help.

• Friendly
Reactions: Rachox