Libre 2 failing

Angela1965

Hi, im new here. Ive had 5 libre 2 sensors fail in the last week. After the hour start up, error message your sensor has failed. Please replace sensor. Ive contacted Abbot, they are replacing them. Ive been using the sensors 4 years so know what im doing. Has anyone else had this happen??

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm on my third through the "free trial", First one didn't even get started, second one worked fine (cross-checked against fingerpricking) for five days, decided on day six that I was permanently hypo and then failed completely on day seven. I've just fitted the third. I can see the benefits, if the sensor works, but I'm really struggling to see how I could justify paying for this system given its unreliability.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've just put on my first since six months ago. Had done 4 before with only one having problems. Have been watching these threads with concern. Be interesting to see how it goes.

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Put on a new sensor last night and it started ok, and then a couple of hours later kept saying try again in 10 minutes. After an hour or so it worked, but after initially connecting to xdrip now it won't.

cynetique

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
For what it's worth: over a period of 30 weeks I have used 15 sensors, 2 failed when I started them and were replaced by Abbot with no difficulty. Both failures took place in the last two most recent changes.

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, im new here. Ive had 5 libre 2 sensors fail in the last week. After the hour start up, error message your sensor has failed. Please replace sensor. Ive contacted Abbot, they are replacing them. Ive been using the sensors 4 years so know what im doing. Has anyone else had this happen??
Update - the third sensor is still working but is reading significantly higher than my blood testing would indicate - at least 0.5 and up to 1.5 m/mol difference. It seems to be fairly consistent. This means that my "normal" level around 4.7 based on blood is showing as being high fives and low sixes. The only sensor that's showed figures relatively close to my blood readings was the second one for the first three days.

Reactions: cynetique

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’ve had 3 dud ones in a row, this one is mostly only 0.5 out so I’m happy