Libre 2 faulty sensor

22nw22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi

I’ve had a sensor that was reading way lower than it should have been. I had it taken out this afternoon. Was I correct in removing it?
IMG_2909.jpg
IMG_2910.jpg
IMG_2912.jpg
IMG_2913.jpg
IMG_2916.jpg
3C350776-446E-4944-A90E-95A45B78629E.jpg

PS:
1. The meter timing is incorrect. Add an hour and five minutes roughly to the meter time
2. I actually tried to see if I could end the sensor with a ‘Check sensor’ error after I’d removed it and it actually gave some readings.

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Have you contacted Abbott?
They will usually replace a sensor which is that far out.
I am assuming today is not the first day of the sensor. It is not uncommon for them to need time to bed in which is why many of us apply our sensors a day or two before activating them.

22nw22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have you contacted Abbott?
They will usually replace a sensor which is that far out.
I am assuming today is not the first day of the sensor. It is not uncommon for them to need time to bed in which is why many of us apply our sensors a day or two before activating them.

This sensor had four days left - or was supposed to

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Contact Abbott tomorrow and don't throw the sensor away.
You might get a replacement still, although they prefer you to not remove the sensor until you contacted them.

It being a bank holiday means you didn't have much choice but to replace it. :)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had one recently showing stupidly low numbers on day six. Abbot replaced it for me
IMG_9044.jpg

Reactions: plantae and Antje77

SimonP78

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've had them replaced with only a few days left to run, I've also taken them off beforehand and they've not been bothered. They will want to know some comparison sets of finger prick test vs libre readings (say 3 iirc), the serial number and also some of the debug data/error codes from the sensor which are hidden somewhere in the reader/app (as you can tell I've not had to have one replaced for some time thankfully! :))

You certainly used to be able to do all this online too, rather than just via the phone number, I've done both.

• Informative
Reactions: plantae and EllieM

22nw22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Contact Abbott tomorrow and don't throw the sensor away.
You might get a replacement still, although they prefer you to not remove the sensor until you contacted them.

It being a bank holiday means you didn't have much choice but to replace it. :)
I wish I had known that sooner as I had already removed the culprit.

Reactions: Paulaah

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
They may still replace, you have your screenshots to document the errors. :)
Just give them a call tomorrow!

• Agree
Reactions: plantae

plantae

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
They replaced a sensor for me that I’d removed 2 days prior because it faulted on the weekend and I couldn’t call until the Monday. On the phone they got me to give them the serial number of the removed sensor (it was recorded in the app under settings or about or somewhere, can’t quite remember) and they also asked me to scroll through the messages in another section of the app and that was it. I still had the sensor I’d removed but they weren’t interested in me posting it back, they just wanted info from the app I already mentioned, the app version and my Android version. That’s all and they sent out a replacement which arrived 3 days later. So definitely worth giving them a call

edit: I’m in Australia so your mileage may vary but I found it a painless and satisfying experience

SimonP78

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
They also want to know the last code from the log, so I guess if you've not started a new sensor it's easier to read out (top one), however it's not too hard to work out what time you started the new one and then read off the error code from the bad sensor (as you can see, I start sensors with the reader but don't tend to use it otherwise unless a sensor looks suspect, which is probably why the date is wrong!)
IMG_20230510_135917.jpg