Libre 2 Grrrr

annliggins

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all just venting !!
Ive used Libre 1 very successfully with blucon for 3-4 yrs and now moved over to L2 with a reader.
Ok ....seemed ok ...alarms ok and then it went wrong . Alarms hit and miss ...Abbott not listening i basically had a system that couldnt be relied on eg today no alarm to warn me of low ...bgl 3.9 !! No alarm for loss of connection
Long story short i had 2 libre1 's and a reader so ive replaced the 2 with a 1 and got the blucon running im a happy bunny

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi annliggins.

Although I do not want anyone else to experience problems with Libre 2 it does reassure me that I am not alone in experiencing problems with it.

I have lost count of the number of replacement Libre 2 sensors I have had, the number of disturbed nights sleep with alarms telling me I am low when I am not ( Libre reading 3.4 Blood 5.6) As you say Abbott replace the sensors but the problem is not going away.

I keep hoping the next sensor will work as it should !!

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I've now had around eight Libre 2s with one being replaced by Abbot due to erratic readings but all have been fine with Alarms working well. Both Libre 1 & 2 are known to be inaccurate for very low and high readings.

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Noting that you can still order the Libre 1 from Abbott for the moment.

My latest Libre 2 seems very sensitive to being slept on.
Woke me twice last night with low BG alarms which showed as a vertical drop from much higher levels.
Went back up again pretty quickly though.
As a Metformin and diet/exercise T2 I am not susceptible to hypos.

It is unusual to get 95% in range when the out of range readings are down in the 3s.

annliggins

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi annliggins.

Although I do not want anyone else to experience problems with Libre 2 it does reassure me that I am not alone in experiencing problems with it.

I have lost count of the number of replacement Libre 2 sensors I have had, the number of disturbed nights sleep with alarms telling me I am low when I am not ( Libre reading 3.4 Blood 5.6) As you say Abbott replace the sensors but the problem is not going away.

I keep hoping the next sensor will work as it should !!
As much as i hate to admit it ...
The L1 in situ with the blucon is much more reliable for me. Im going to keep it as long as i can so am going to get my px changed back to L1. Technology

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I am also thinking of returning to Libre 1. Hopefully they will continue being available for some time. I did try dexcom when they had a free trial. It was much more reliable. Unfortunately it costs !!!