Libre 2 inaccuracy 2 monitors in a row

roofulness

Hi all, I have reactive hypoglycaemia and other endocrine and autoimmune issues but am not diabetic, although at higher risk of developing diabetes.
My endo prescribed 4 weeks of freestyle libre 2 to help track the triggers for my hypos. First monitor, no issues the whole 2 weeks. Second monitor, put it on my other arm and managed to cause some bleeding. It showed no errors but consistently kept showing hypos but finger pricks were normal. Talked to abbot support, gave them the readings and they decided it was not my fault - just a faulty monitor. I was sent a replacement, waited 5 days and I applied the new monitor today. It's still only showing very low results, going in and out of hypos but my finger pricks were all fine. I don't test that often usually so I've run out of test strips and can't contact my GP until Monday at earliest, same with Abbot support as well. Don't know quite what to do... can both libre 2's be faulty? They seem so confident on them being laboratory calibrated, though I'm also not that convinced about the blood glucose monitor my GP gave me last Autumn being that accurate. Stressing myself out so would appreciate some insight :)

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, I have reactive hypoglycaemia and other endocrine and autoimmune issues but am not diabetic, although at higher risk of developing diabetes.
My endo prescribed 4 weeks of freestyle libre 2 to help track the triggers for my hypos. First monitor, no issues the whole 2 weeks. Second monitor, put it on my other arm and managed to cause some bleeding. It showed no errors but consistently kept showing hypos but finger pricks were normal. Talked to abbot support, gave them the readings and they decided it was not my fault - just a faulty monitor. I was sent a replacement, waited 5 days and I applied the new monitor today. It's still only showing very low results, going in and out of hypos but my finger pricks were all fine. I don't test that often usually so I've run out of test strips and can't contact my GP until Monday at earliest, same with Abbot support as well. Don't know quite what to do... can both libre 2's be faulty? They seem so confident on them being laboratory calibrated, though I'm also not that convinced about the blood glucose monitor my GP gave me last Autumn being that accurate. Stressing myself out so would appreciate some insight :)

Hi there, I've had two malfunction one after the other so don't worry too much. If you have just placed the 2nd one on then remember it can take a good 24 hours to bed in. Mine ALWAYS reads low for the first 24 hours to the point where a Consultant actually asked me if I had a carb free day every 2nd Wednesday. I didn't know what he was on about until I realised that's when I changed my Libre. Give it until tomorrow (ie, after 24 hours) and see if it perks up. If not, tell Abbott again, the data is there for them to see so they will know you're not pulling a fast one.

Edited to add I still use the libre 1 so not sure if the libre 2 is worse or better for the false low readings.

Lakeslover

I have been using libre 2 since the beginning of March and every sensor reads between .5 and 1.5 below my blood glucose meter. The lower the reading the more inaccurate I find the libre.

after some trial and testing I don’t worry about libre alarms until the libre reading dips below 3. That might be different foryou….so longer term the only way to tell is testing.

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I find my Libre need time to “bed” in, for my arm to get used to have a foreign object inserted. If I was to activate the sensor as soon as I inserted it, the first 2 or 3 days of readings seem to be random.
For this reason, I always insert my sensor 3 days before activating.