Libre 2 issues and response from Abbott for info!

Nometype1andproud

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I called Abbott after continual failures of my libre 2 like ridiculous amounts 3 out of 4 and even the ones they sent me out. They have told me there is a recognised problem with the iOS updates 14 and above it impedes the shelf life of the sensor from any where from them not starting at all to them failing after a day or so. They have advised me to only use the reader from now on until they can resolve the issues - lucky I have a reader as they sent me one out.

Just thought I would let others know.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
I am in the US. The first two I got last year wouldn't start after the 60 minute warm up and then I had some that worked fine. I was also using 14 day sensors in between and I had no problem with the 14 day Libre sensors. Then I had 5 failures of the Libre2 in a row. They were going to just keep sending me new Libre2 sensors and I finally asked for a new reader. I got the new reader and now need to pick up another Libre2 to try to see if that fixes the issue.

But I don't use the phone ap, I have always just used the reader and had this issue too. They would act like they were going to start, but not actually start.

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
In the UK, the readers have been temporarily unavailable for weeks.
Not very helpful if you have a new Apple phone.

StewM

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm IOS 14.8 and I'm thankfully not experiencing issues (especially, as I don't have a reader).

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m in the UK, Abbot replaced 2 sensors with 2’s instead of 1’s by mistake so I can’t use my reader, iPhone on IOS 15 and seems to be working so far

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use the reader and my very first sensor wouldn’t fire up. They replaced it of course. Not holding out much hope though as it has a similar code and date.