Libre 2 scanning issue

Koo62

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people
Hi, has anyone had any problems scanning their Libre? All was fine this morning- scanned on waking and after dog walk no problem, but after that it won’t scan- doesn’t produce error code either. Have phoned Abbot and they are sending another sensor to replace, however I put a new one on and that would not scan either so would not start. Eventually it did recognise ‘new sensor detected’ so whoopee off we go- wait an hour-but no it’s still not scanning. Have checked all phone settings and even talked to Apple and they couldn’t help ( I could tell the poor chap hadn’t a clue what I was talking about)! Be grateful if anyone has any advice on this?

KidChameleon

Hi. I have a question for you all that´s related to this.
Is there any reason that people are using their phones to scan rather than using the scanners provided by Freestyle?

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is there any reason that people are using their phones to scan rather than using the scanners provided by Freestyle?
Some of us have taken advantage of a free offer of sensor onlyy for 2 weeks. It was only available to those who hadn't ever used libre before

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Hi,
Some self fund the sensors. So it works out cheaper to buy a sensor & download the app as opposed to getting the "starter kit?"

Others are using 3rd party apps like XDrip or Diabox with a nicer user interface.
Personally, I'd rather not cary around more devices than I need?

Abbott also currently have a promotional offer on. & the uptake for a free trial has been popular...

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, has anyone had any problems scanning their Libre? All was fine this morning- scanned on waking and after dog walk no problem, but after that it won’t scan- doesn’t produce error code either. Have phoned Abbot and they are sending another sensor to replace, however I put a new one on and that would not scan either so would not start. Eventually it did recognise ‘new sensor detected’ so whoopee off we go- wait an hour-but no it’s still not scanning. Have checked all phone settings and even talked to Apple and they couldn’t help ( I could tell the poor chap hadn’t a clue what I was talking about)! Be grateful if anyone has any advice on this?

Hi,

Back on topic.
Do you have any other Bluetooth devices like headphones that have been tethered to your device?
You could try "forgetting" whatever it was & see if that helps?

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Because the reader means carrying more stuff around with me.
My pump is controlled by my phone, I use my phone as a gps, I read my email (and the forum) on my phone, I control my music with my phone, ... why do I need another widget?

Koo62

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people
Hi,

Back on topic.
Do you have any other Bluetooth devices like headphones that have been tethered to your device?
You could try "forgetting" whatever it was & see if that helps?
Thank you- yes I have tried that and nope no difference!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you- yes I have tried that and nope no difference!

Is the a correlation with a specific part of the house or area?
Maybe other Bluetooth devices flooding the air? (Even though not tethered to your phone.)

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is the a correlation with a specific part of the house or area?
Maybe other Bluetooth devices flooding the air? (Even though not tethered to your phone.)
The scanning doesn't use bluetooth. Could be some sort of interference but it's unlikely as the point of NFC is that it has to be very near.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The scanning doesn't use bluetooth. Could be some sort of interference but it's unlikely as the point of NFC is that it has to be very near.

To be fair. The topic is about the L2. For some reason, I felt we were discussing the BT side of it? :banghead:
You may well possibly be correct? Hopefully @Koo62 can clarify. :)

Koo62

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people
To be fair. The topic is about the L2. For some reason, I felt we were discussing the BT side of it? :banghead:
You may well possibly be correct? Hopefully @Koo62 can clarify. :)
The alarm for low blood glucose has just gone off so it is still picking up what it needs to but when scanning nothing happens- could be a batch fault?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The alarm for low blood glucose has just gone off so it is still picking up what it needs to but when scanning nothing happens- could be a batch fault?

Could you be scanning with the NFC to close to the data sent by BT?
Thus confusing your app. I've sort of had that happen. Where it could be trying to chop sense into 2x 8 hours of readings?

How old is your device?
& do you have something like Apple Pay running in the background or some sort of tag reader app?

Koo62

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people
Could you be scanning with the NFC to close to the data sent by BT?
Thus confusing your app. I've sort of had that happen. Where it could be trying to chop sense into 2x 8 hours of readings?

How old is your device?
& do you have something like Apple Pay running in the background or some sort of tag reader app?
It’s a 9 month old iPhone as I had to upgrade for the app to work in the first place! I have not done anything different from the time it stopped scanning, there is nothing running in background that was not in action before- it’s really bugging me now especially as having to do far more finger pricks again

T1DM2012

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I have exactly the same problem this morning. Phone just won’t scan and like you no error code. Have attached new sensor and same, just nothing. Have restarted phone reinstalled app etc but none Of the sensors I have attached to me will scan.....having been using these since they were first available and never had a problem like this before....error codes yes....but not that it just won’t scan.....clearly not a sensor issue......:(

Koo62

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people
Hi, I have exactly the same problem this morning. Phone just won’t scan and like you no error code. Have attached new sensor and same, just nothing. Have restarted phone reinstalled app etc but none Of the sensors I have attached to me will scan.....having been using these since they were first available and never had a problem like this before....error codes yes....but not that it just won’t scan.....clearly not a sensor issue......:(
Oh wow- what’s the batch number- I am hoping that is the problem! Do use iPhone to scan?

Last edited:

T1DM2012

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, use a iPhone 8. Have just spoke with abbot and they think it’s something to do with the recent up date and have escalated the problem....it’s not the sensors, I have three attached to me now and none of them will scan Do you have the freestyle reader? The sensors will work with that until abbot sort the app problem Xx

Koo62

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people
Ah ha, that sounds more like it, but I didn’t load the new update on iPhone until after the problem started ( thought it might fix it) and the Libreview app update this morning- it’s still sensing low glucose though. May I ask if you spoke with someone from the call centre or UK office for Abbot? I haven’t got a reader but abbot are sending one out to me Xx

T1DM2012

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ah ha, that sounds more like it, but I didn’t load the new update on iPhone until after the problem started ( thought it might fix it) and the Libreview app update this morning- it’s still sensing low glucose though. May I ask if you spoke with someone from the call centre or UK office for Abbot? I haven’t got a reader but abbot are sending one out to me Xx
To be honest I am not sure.... Abbott I think.... he had me trying loads of different things whilst I was on the phone to him...they said they will get back to me within 24 hours so will keep you posted!!

danr79

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey turn your phone off and close all running apps then it will work a treat