Libre 2 scanning issue

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
I assume you have tried with Bluetooth turned off in case two different inputs are scrambling the Apps pretty little head?
Also, do you have a friend with an Android phone who can confirm that it is Apple where the problem lies?

Soplewis12

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Grumpy People
Hi. I have a question for you all that´s related to this.
Is there any reason that people are using their phones to scan rather than using the scanners provided by Freestyle?
Hiya, the phone app for libre 2 results go straight to the icloud & DSN can view the results without having to upload.

nic1910

T1DM2012 and Koo62 did either of you manage to get this problem sorted. I have an iPhone8 and after some updates am having this problem. App is just scanning. It is still receiving high/low glucose alarms so is linked. Tried uninstalling app and even used a new sensor, but it is just not working. Would be grateful to know how others sorted this problem. Thanks!

Soplewis12

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Grumpy People
T1DM2012 and Koo62 did either of you manage to get this problem sorted. I have an iPhone8 and after some updates am having this problem. App is just scanning. It is still receiving high/low glucose alarms so is linked. Tried uninstalling app and even used a new sensor, but it is just not working. Would be grateful to know how others sorted this problem. Thanks!
Hiya, nope I'm still having this problem. App must have a wee gremlin!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I can get sensor to work with freestyle reader but not phone. Frustrating that Abbott haven't sorted this.

Hi,

I don't use the Abbott reader.

Thinking ouside the box.. Could it be some security issue regarding contactless payments like "Apple pay??"
(Causing confliction with the Libre sensor?)

Hertfordshiremum

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

I don't use the Abbott reader.

Thinking ouside the box.. Could it be some security issue regarding contactless payments like "Apple pay??"
(Causing confliction with the Libre sensor?)
I had this with one sensor. If I closed everything and turned the phone off and on it started scanning. Haven’t had this problem with any since this one a couple of months ago

ali28475

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, has anyone had any problems scanning their Libre? All was fine this morning- scanned on waking and after dog walk no problem, but after that it won’t scan- doesn’t produce error code either. Have phoned Abbot and they are sending another sensor to replace, however I put a new one on and that would not scan either so would not start. Eventually it did recognise ‘new sensor detected’ so whoopee off we go- wait an hour-but no it’s still not scanning. Have checked all phone settings and even talked to Apple and they couldn’t help ( I could tell the poor chap hadn’t a clue what I was talking about)! Be grateful if anyone has any advice on this?

Hi, I have an android phone & it updated the software tonight. Just gone to scan my sensor before bed & find that it's unable to do so. This sensor was fresh on today & was working till the update. I don't get any error codes, just tells me that it's unable to scan. I've held my phone on the sensor for 2 mins & still nothing.

Attachments

• IMG_20220727_001755.jpg
    IMG_20220727_001755.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 97

Blade Runner

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
You guys have probably already done this, but check your "NFC" (near field communication) settings on your phones. When i was fortunate enough to be using the trial Libra program i had a Huawei phone that "Updated" itself, and from then on decided to toggle its NFC on and off seemingly at will. This one i have now can suddenly drop the WiFi for no reason.

What is it with updates!?

The classic being "Windows can turn your laptop into an electronic vegetable, this will take no time at all".

susanpa

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi, I have an android phone & it updated the software tonight. Just gone to scan my sensor before bed & find that it's unable to do so. This sensor was fresh on today & was working till the update. I don't get any error codes, just tells me that it's unable to scan. I've held my phone on the sensor for 2 mins & still nothing.

Hi ali28475, pretty much the exact same thing happened to me today with my Android phone. I updated this morning and a sensor that had been working fine for 6 days kept showing that same 'unable to scan' message. I've tried all day and then changed to a new sensor and same thing. I phoned Abbott and they went through all the troubleshooting steps before deciding the only option was to send me more sensors (which I doubt will make any difference!) It's super frustrating. I'm just wondering what happened with yours? Did you manage to solve it? Thanks!

milonga1972

I'm having the same problems with my iPhone 7 (old school I know) and have now had to remove 3 or 4 sensors on Day One, such a waste of NHS money! I phoned Abbott and like you all above, they "trouble shooted" and asked me for the error codes and said they would send more sensors out but I bet the same thing happens next time. Meanwhile I do not feel I can keep asking my GP for more sensors if they are going in the sharps bin on Day One and not being used. Abbott didn't say it could be something to do with my phone, they didn't say much TBH. Should we just keep trying?? Meanwhile it's back to the finger prick testing for now.

KCub

Hi. I have a question for you all that´s related to this.
Is there any reason that people are using their phones to scan rather than using the scanners provided by Freestyle?
As I understand it, the hi / low alarms are not available on the scanners.

Speedbird

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I am having this problem too. It started a couple of days ago. I noticed that my Apple Pay stopped working too so they may be intertwined. I called Abbots and they checked my latest libre readings and iPhone update and are sending me another sensor. I applied another new sensor and still the iPhone won’t read my scans. That seems to indicate it’s the iPhone se 2020 as I am now using my old reader and that it is working. I have made an appointment with Apple to check the diagnostics.

susanpa

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm having the same problems with my iPhone 7 (old school I know) and have now had to remove 3 or 4 sensors on Day One, such a waste of NHS money! I phoned Abbott and like you all above, they "trouble shooted" and asked me for the error codes and said they would send more sensors out but I bet the same thing happens next time. Meanwhile I do not feel I can keep asking my GP for more sensors if they are going in the sharps bin on Day One and not being used. Abbott didn't say it could be something to do with my phone, they didn't say much TBH. Should we just keep trying?? Meanwhile it's back to the finger prick testing for now.
It seems like lots of people are having issues with this! I contacted my phone provider (Fairphone) and they logged the issue and said if I needed to continue to scan using my phone I could downgrade my device to the previous software setting and it should work. However there would be a degree of risk as it means my phone would no longer be on the latest security patch, and also it would cause a factory reset so would need to back up all my data beforehand. I'm a bit hesitant to do this so am really hoping there will be enough people having issues that they will do somethign about it!

I phoned up Abbot and explained the situation again and they are sending me out a Libre 2 reader. I'm back to finger-pricking at the moment too so looking forward to getting the reader! You should phone up and request one too. Although a little annoying having a separate device, it's better than having to finger-prick! Hope you get it sorted soon.

Reactions: Speedbird

Debra Dempsey

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, has anyone had any problems scanning their Libre? All was fine this morning- scanned on waking and after dog walk no problem, but after that it won’t scan- doesn’t produce error code either. Have phoned Abbot and they are sending another sensor to replace, however I put a new one on and that would not scan either so would not start. Eventually it did recognise ‘new sensor detected’ so whoopee off we go- wait an hour-but no it’s still not scanning. Have checked all phone settings and even talked to Apple and they couldn’t help ( I could tell the poor chap hadn’t a clue what I was talking about)! Be grateful if anyone has any advice on this?
I just learned all the problems. The app did not work for me. The solution was to take off my protection case. It was interfering with the signal. It works absolutely fine when I take the case off. Try it!

• Informative
Reactions: MrsA2