Libre 2 Sensor waterproof covers

Gemnuts

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,

Does anyone have any tried and tested recommendations for Libre 2 sensor covers that stand up to swimming pools?

I purchase some last year for a Centre Parks break and have lost 2 sensors even with it on as have peeled off after awhile - image below.

I’ve been provided with replacements from Abbott but obviously does let help me when I’m away and sensor-less.

Any recommendations would be great!View attachment 67645

Reactions: Marikev and T1DGUY

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi
I use these, usually last a week & comes with a disc to put over the sensor so no lows if you lay on it & the sticky part doesn’t touch the sensor

Attachments

• IMG_6395.png
    IMG_6395.png
    980.5 KB · Views: 164
Reactions: T1DGUY

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ditto what @Rachox wears. Wear one permanently to prevent knocking off as I am a rough bunny. Do a couple of hundred front crawl lengths a week in them with no issues. Change weekly when they start to peel and look untidy.

• Agree
Reactions: lessci and Rachox

T1DGUY

I use Not Just a Patch...best brand I've found for my Libre and also I used to wear a Dexcom which they were also great for

medievalbiker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
CARS, MUSHROOMS
I have tried 2 different ones but they caused me a lot of skin irritation, (painful rash.) I now use Skin Tac wipes that help the sensor stick to the skin better

cary123

Hi all,

Does anyone have any tried and tested recommendations for Libre 2 sensor covers that stand up to swimming pools?

I purchase some last year for a Centre Parks break and have lost 2 sensors even with it on as have peeled off after awhile - image below.

I’ve been provided with replacements from Abbott but obviously does let help me when I’m away and sensor-less.

Go to ebay type in FREESTYLE LIBRE SENSOR SUPPORT
There are all sorts of solutions

kikarne

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I buy mine from Temu, not overly expensive (last time they were about £5 for 30) but mine lasts around 10-14 days.

After showering (warm/hot water, I make sure to dab dry and not rub.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,

I rarely use a cover, but this stuff works well for me, I cut a 3-4 inch wide strip and put if over the sensor. 10 metres lasts a LONG time!

Marc

Johncsewing

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,

Fwr62

Hi all,

The best I’ve found are called (not just a patch) available from Amazon

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
I swim 5x a week and bought the Libre armband that goes round the arm and covers the sensor. However water does get inside, so it really holds it in place. It can be uncomfortable as rubs against armpit/ breasts on swimming if sensor sited slightly higher, so had 2 weeks periods when not worn, others when worn. I have had some sensors fail, and one I actually removed in the pool as it was pricking uncomfortably as I swam. On inspection afterwards the material which holds the adhesive was folded back on itself so there was limited surface area sticking to my arm, and nothing to do with the pool. Can be a bit fiddly to get on properly, but probably cheaper in the long run than plasters etc for very regular swimmers.

fkarno

Hi all,

Here is the engineer's solution to the problem. In daily life I use Libre2 sensors on clean skin, covered with a home-made patch cut from 5cm wide MEFIX self-adhesive medical tape. My patches measure 8 x 5cms and they last a fortnight, including showers. For actual swimming I would form a square or circle around the sensor, by sticking industrial double sided tape such as Gorilla or 3M 9080 directly on my arm, staying 1cm away from the sensor. Remove the top liner from the double-sided tape. You now have on your arm a sensor, surrounded by a 1cm wide, clear area of skin, surrounded in turn by a ring or square of double-sided tape with the upper, sticky side waiting to latch onto something. Cut a larger sheet of clingfilm and stick it down onto the waiting double-sided tape, pat it down and trim all around with scissors. Over the whole of it, stick a 10cm x 10cm patch of MEFIX self-adhesive medical tape which you have cut off a 10cm x 10metre roll. Any pharmacy will have it or order it for between £6 and £8 or, if you have an understanding GP, he will prescribe it for you.

Duncan Lord

I have just completed 12 scuba dives over the last four days. All of approximately 50 mins in duration and down to 20 meters.

The Libre does lose connection to my phone during the dive, as can’t take that with me.
However it picks up the signal on return from depth.
The one difficult part is putting on, and taking off the wetsuit without the sensor moving.

I have photographs to prove this. One taken of dive computer showing depth next to Libre!

When I attached my libre 2 I do use a skin Tac wipe.

You generally can’t go to those depths in a swimming pool. Don’t worry about it!

Attachments

• IMG_5784.jpeg
    IMG_5784.jpeg
    184.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited: