Libre 2 sensors - variable batches?

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
At the moment I am chasing the differences between Libre 2 readings, finger pricks, and HbA1c.
My HbA1c is considerably higher than predicted by LibreLink.

I buy Libre 2 sensors in batches of 7 because free postage.
So I expect some consistency within each batch.

Previous batch all the sensors read lower than the finger prick (about 0.5 to 1.0 mmol/L).

New batch (I'm on the 2nd sensor now) are reading high.
Latest check was sensor 6.6, finger prick 5.9.
This isn't too far off but a higher reading is unexpected.

Historically most sensors have read low.

Has anyone else experienced a difference between batches of sensors?
I am happier with the sensors reading slightly high because it encourages me to be more careful with what I eat, but I would like some consistency so I don't have to keep correcting in my head.

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
Mine were ridiculously high and the finger tests normal 5 -6s. Same batches also. I don't think I have ever been in the 4s and the Libre said I was! I gave up with it and had to prise it off my arm. I believe that the Libre cannot cope with high numbers but I wouldn't go back to it for love or money.

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Just updating to say that I'm now on the 2nd of 7 in the latest batch and both sensors seem to start by reading high then settle down to being depressingly accurate.

Amazing the difference it makes mentally seeing 60% in range (accurate) compared to 100% in range (reading 0.5 to 1 low).
I am marginally above range a lot of the time but I am being very strict on my diet.
Some previous sensors have encouraged me to take liberties by reporting little effect from a few added carbs such as a baked potato.

Due for some blood tests to check my haemoglobin levels in case my HbA1c is still higher than BG.