Libre 2 signal loss

Dubai expat

Since the new update at the wknd, the signal loss is ridiculous. So much for automatic readings, I’m constantly having to scan. I keep turning BT on and off even shutting phone down and back on, so annoying

Reactions: Chevyjay

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Are you on version 2.10.1.7653 ?
The first update had loads of problems on iPhones, they subsequently updated again which now appears to have fixed them. Check you are on the version I’ve quoted.

• Informative
Reactions: Antje77

Chevyjay

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I too am having aweful signal drops and it doesn’t even ping up signal loss or anything, got fed up with it today and went back to the Shuggah app for the reading and am scanning arm with Libre app every few hours so the readings log for the hospital.

HellyMac

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I am on the latest version and everything was fine but changed sensor yesterday and now the signal loss is ridiculous, I am lucky if I get half and hour before the alarm activates and I need to scan. Any suggestions? Reinstall or change sensors?

Chevyjay

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am on the latest version and everything was fine but changed sensor yesterday and now the signal loss is ridiculous, I am lucky if I get half and hour before the alarm activates and I need to scan. Any suggestions? Reinstall or change sensors?

I don’t think it will be the sensors as I too am plagued with signal loss, I’ve switched to using the Shuggah app and I’m hardly getting any loss of connection, you must remember to scan yours in libre every now and then though so it keeps your data that your healthcare centre can see a correct overall result.

HellyMac

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I don’t think it will be the sensors as I too am plagued with signal loss, I’ve switched to using the Shuggah app and I’m hardly getting any loss of connection, you must remember to scan yours in libre every now and then though so it keeps your data that your healthcare centre can see a correct overall result.
I think I have solved the signal loss alarm but switching off my phone and restarting the phone and the app. No signal loss since yesterday evening.

Chevyjay

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think I have solved the signal loss alarm but switching off my phone and restarting the phone and the app. No signal loss since yesterday evening.
Well done that’s a hope then, yes as always a restart will fix 90 percent of problems, I didn’t think of that though I must admit lol

Mike88

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Anyone else having signal loss? All the time? Everything was running smoothly for me until yesterday when I had to change sensor. Since then I have ploughed through 3 sensors & none can hold a Bluetooth signal. The Abbott helpline have told me they do not know how to fix it & have escalated this to tech support. It is making me want to change to Dexcom, only to a 7 not a One...I have tried disconnecting all Bluetooth devices, switching off Bluetooth & restarting phone. I have also changed the focus setting etc. Has anyone found a solution?

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Anyone else having signal loss? All the time? Everything was running smoothly for me until yesterday when I had to change sensor. Since then I have ploughed through 3 sensors & none can hold a Bluetooth signal. The Abbott helpline have told me they do not know how to fix it & have escalated this to tech support. It is making me want to change to Dexcom, only to a 7 not a One...I have tried disconnecting all Bluetooth devices, switching off Bluetooth & restarting phone. I have also changed the focus setting etc. Has anyone found a solution?
Hi Mike88

I really appreciate your frustrations. I have recently gone through similar. I have changed to Dexcom One. And what a difference. I realise this is not the same for everyone but for me, no signal loss, no alarms 2 & 3 times a night saying I am low when I am not. I even changed my phone as they told there were issues one iPhone which unfortunately was the one I had

I have dexcom one on prescription. Hope you get things sorted soon

Reactions: Mike88

Mike88

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Mike88

I really appreciate your frustrations. I have recently gone through similar. I have changed to Dexcom One. And what a difference. I realise this is not the same for everyone but for me, no signal loss, no alarms 2 & 3 times a night saying I am low when I am not. I even changed my phone as they told there were issues one iPhone which unfortunately was the one I had

I have dexcom one on prescription. Hope you get things sorted soon
Thanks for the supportive message. Abbott did try to blame my iPhone today. I robustly pointed out that it was working normally until the sensor was changed. How do you find the size of the Dexcom One?

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
No issues with the size of Dexcom One. You can also place Dexcom in more places than Libre so that for me is helpful.

Hope you get things sorted

Mike_T

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That’s not necessary using a cgm and now no different to Dexcom where there is no facility to scan. Your cgm readings are automatically placed on your LibreView account which is what is seen by you Diabetes team.
Where I would say that scanning is advisable is when you take your insulin, carbs and exercise, as a log of this is very helpful to you managing your diabetes.

Reactions: Mike88

Mike88

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
A similar discussion in another forum lead me to download a BLE scanner. Using this I can detect the BT signal from my sensor. It doesn't appear to be a hardware (sensor) issue, so must be an app problem. This makes sense given the spike in problems being reported emerged just after the update. This is not the only problem being mentioned in forums & by Abbott. Looks like we will have to wait until they fix them.

Polly Russell

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Since the new update at the wknd, the signal loss is ridiculous. So much for automatic readings, I’m constantly having to scan. I keep turning BT on and off even shutting phone down and back on, so annoying
I had the same and it was infuriating! I did all the blue tooth on and off, phone on and off etc and then yesterday I deleted and reinstalled the Libre 2 app and since then it has worked like a dream, full continuous signal!

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This is why I don't use anything like a constant monitor because I don't want to see these kinds of errors things like this really tick me off. So I'm using the my sugar app with my Accu-Chek guide me.

Bravo6679

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Remember in this weather if the sensor gets too cold it will scan error or not even scan, hold your hand over it to warm it up a bit and hey presto it's back doing its job

• Informative
Reactions: aylalake

aylalake

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being told “Oh go on, one won’t hurt you!”.
Conversely, the food police.
I have had 2 sensors fail recently with signal loss and my current one has started whining about signal loss in the past 24 hours. I have done all the usual troubleshooting things which work for a few hours.

My home is heated to an average of 14 deg C during the day but drops to below 10 at night according to my Hive app. So I wonder if the cold (despite being in bed wearing 2 along-sleeve layers) might be the cause this time. Hmmmm …

DJRobinson

I have had this issue especially nearing the end of life of the sensors. Along with the lack of the sensor’s constant ability to auto scan is the fact when a manual scan is performed sometimes a message comes up wait for 10 minutes which on one occasion continued for about an hour before a scan was completed. Word of warning don’t uninstall the Libre app unless you really have to because the phone may loose all the past information Estimated A1c, Daily Patterns and the like. I believe the problem I have had could have been an iffy batch of sensors as the one I have on now is performing without a glitch. Also be aware strong wifi radio signals from other devices can block and corrupt the Bluetooth and NFC signal from phone to sensor.

Last edited:
  • Informative

desidiabulum

Mine just realized it only had 2 days to go so decided not to bother any more. I shouted at it but it didn't do any good. I think mine has an attitude problem...

• Funny