Libre and Training.

PeterRiches

Is anyone using Libre and also doing any training? I would be doing weights, Cycling,Tennis and swimming. Has it stood up to the disciplines or is this just for walking around. Can you shower in it?
Would be interested in your experiences.
Thanks,
Pete.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Can you shower in it?
Yes its fine in the shower :) For a start if I couldn't shower for 2 weeks I think I'd be rather smelly and my work mates would be complaining :)
I believe its waterproof for upto 30mins up some (probably not very deep) depth - not sure exactly though as I haven't really looked into it (there are probably a number of threads on how to protect it if you're going to be in the water for more than 30 mins)

Reactions: therower

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
There’s training for Libre? I thought you just slapped it on and go. It’s quite weather resistant, including showing. I’m waiting for it to fall off, but it hasn’t yet. Keeping track of the reciever is a mystery for me- it might be someplace between home, my car, or at work.

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
I am amazed at how low profile it is. It’s not a tall thing sticking from the skin’s surface.

I think the person that stuck it on me to try it was more interested in selling skin tack, and covers for it. Maybe that’s why it’s still attached.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Is anyone using Libre and also doing any training? I would be doing weights, Cycling,Tennis and swimming. Has it stood up to the disciplines or is this just for walking around. Can you shower in it?
Would be interested in your experiences.
Thanks,
Pete.
Hi pete, there's more information on the Abbott site, but I've swum in mine (they say no deeper than 3 feet) and there's no bar to any exercise. Some people have more trouble keeping them stuck on - I just think that's a skin thing - ad I put a Tegaderm (transparent plaster) over mine to keep it secure and that works for me for the life of a sensor. There are lots of people on here doing all kinds of regular exercise and use Libres. Good luck with it!

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Always cover mine with Opsite Flexifix from the minute I put it on. Swim regularly and don’t have to worry about knocking it off. Works like a dream.

Dicko

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Google 'Diabetic Health Coach' - she does loads and is a big advocate of Libre.