Libre lows

Cd-astro

Hi all,

So just woke up to a 2.7 when scanning on the libre but when I did a finger prick I am at 7.8. Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them?

Thanks in advance!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all,

So just woke up to a 2.7 when scanning on the libre but when I did a finger prick I am at 7.8. Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them?

Thanks in advance!
Had you been lying on it?.. many report low readings when the libre gets compressed..

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Libre sensors seem to vary in how closely they reflect finger pricks. Usually I find they run a bit low, but recently I’ve had a couple which have run high and my current one has been pretty much spot on.

I tend to take a few meter readings when I first activate a sensor to get an idea of where it’s at, and then just check if something seems off.

As bulkbiker says, lying on a sensor while in bed can give you a false low too.

Peter03

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Oh yes I think most of us have had strange low or high readings with the libre, always do a blood test with strange lows or highs, there is many reasons why they happen, one is when you lay on the libre when you sleep if that happens the readings should return to normal when you get up, I think libre work well but they are not perfect.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Libre’s are well known for giving ‘false low’ readings when compressed, I have had them on both on the libre and the G6. Always best checked on a blood glucose meter if possible and also trust your senses if you feel like you have a hangover then likely you did go low during the night, if feeing fine then you’ve just had a false reading.