Libre results - analysing downloaded numbers?

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
I can use LibreView in a web browser to see the displays that they chose to provide, and I can download the reading data to save on my PC.

Does anyone have software to display the results from the file downloaded to my PC?

For example, a spreadsheet?

As far as I can tell LibreView only saves data for so long, so to do long term analysis or to come back 3 months later to look at earlier results would require different software.

Muneeb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
As far as I can see, its a CSV file. Which can be opened using excel as a spreadsheet?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I can use LibreView in a web browser to see the displays that they chose to provide, and I can download the reading data to save on my PC.

Does anyone have software to display the results from the file downloaded to my PC?

For example, a spreadsheet?

As far as I can tell LibreView only saves data for so long, so to do long term analysis or to come back 3 months later to look at earlier results would require different software.

When I download the reading data to my PC it is in a cvs file and open up in an excel spread sheet. It then needs sorting because it is all out of order, but that only takes a second or two on excel. It contains all my reading data back to my very first Libre in January 2016. I then cut and paste my latest sensor readings to a separate sheet to make things easier to analyse. I keep the data from each sensor, along with the graphs and notes, in separate files. Easy peasy.

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When I download the reading data to my PC it is in a cvs file and open up in an excel spread sheet. It then needs sorting because it is all out of order, but that only takes a second or two on excel. It contains all my reading data back to my very first Libre in January 2016. I then cut and paste my latest sensor readings to a separate sheet to make things easier to analyse. I keep the data from each sensor, along with the graphs and notes, in separate files. Easy peasy.

Easy peasy if you know how to drive Excel!

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
CSVed ... freeware

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
It can be a daunting program ... or a simple one. @LittleGreyCat ... which version do you have?

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't at the moment.

I use LibreOffice which isn't quite the same.

Libre Office Calc is very much like Excel.

I have downloaded the data into both Excel and Calc, which I use on another machine and it works well.

Stephen Lewis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hypocrites, liars, donald trump (no capitals for emphasis)
I use Open Office calc and it sees the csv file as an Adobe pdf that is opened as a Word type document. Any ideas or what I need to do right?

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
OK.
Imported the data into a spreadsheet but I can't detect where I changed sensors.
The data seems to be only identified by device, which is either my Freestyle Freedom Lite finger prick tester or my mobile phone.
I was expecting to see a unique ID for each sensor.

This is quite important for data analysis because not all sensors read the same.

D

Deleted member 308541

I use LibreOffice which isn't quite the same.
I have used both Open Office, and now Libre Office on Winders for many years and they are easy to use compared to the bloat of Excel.

The reason I mentioned Google Sheets is because I have now just purchased a Acer 15 Chromebook and the Libre Office is not available for it, so I use Sheets and Docs to do any work on the docs from Libre Office.

Just love the cloud...

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
OK.
Imported the data into a spreadsheet but I can't detect where I changed sensors.
The data seems to be only identified by device, which is either my Freestyle Freedom Lite finger prick tester or my mobile phone.
I was expecting to see a unique ID for each sensor.

This is quite important for data analysis because not all sensors read the same.

You can see when you changed sensor, or at least I can, because there is some sort of comment in the notes when the reader was activated for the first time on a new sensor. Also, the date column should alert you, if you remember the date you changed. Have you sorted the order of the data? I sort into date order.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@LittleGreyCat - To get your data into Excel, ar any of the freebie lookie-likee programmes, just go to your downloaded .csv file and double click it. In a moment or two, the following appears:

upload_2019-8-11_13-46-50.png

Check your checkboxes reflct th same as mine

From there, click "OK", then wait a moment.

When the data appears in the spreadsheet, click on "Data", as shown:

upload_2019-8-11_13-48-42.png

Then select AutoFilter. that puts the filter arrows to the top of the columns and starts your ability to manipulate your data.

Apologies if I misinterpreted the essence of your query.

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Thanks for the Autofilter tip.

It is so long since I used a spreadsheet in anger that it is taking me a while to relearn stuff.

Next, sorting!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the Autofilter tip.

It is so long since I used a spreadsheet in anger that it is taking me a while to relearn stuff.

Next, sorting!

Once done, you can save your sheet as a .odt format and that'll hold all your settings for you, for an further reviews if that file.

Once you've done it a few times, it's almost automated.