Libre sensor 2

Kazza63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi All, my iPhone SE 2020 has stopped reading my sensor and I am aware there are problems with this particular iPhone. I am therefore thinking of investing in an iPhone 12 and wondered if anyone has had any problems with this iPhone and the libre app with this iPhone before I buy a ne. Thanks

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have an iPhone 14 and have been having problems since the Libre app updates. For 24 hours plus now I have loss of signal. Personally I wouldn’t spend out on a new expensive iPhone right now, personally I feel it’s the app at fault not my iPhone

Reactions: Kazza63

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi All, my iPhone SE 2020 has stopped reading my sensor and I am aware there are problems with this particular iPhone. I am therefore thinking of investing in an iPhone 12 and wondered if anyone has had any problems with this iPhone and the libre app with this iPhone before I buy a ne. Thanks
Hi,

It’s always an inconvenience when these updates don’t live up to expectation.
I use Android running Diabox as a solid CGM setup with a Bluetooth bridge scanning & sending L2 data to a standalone watch?

However, I also use an iPad mini 6. There is no NFC on an iPad but the Shuggah app (free to download & was recommended by iPhone users on other topics.) for IOS is compatible with my device. I get the CGM experience from my Bluetooth bridge to my IPad whenever the iPad is in range. (It seems to “highjack” it from my watch.)
I actually think it’s not a bad app? (Though my pad screen is 8.3 inches.)

If you are still happy with your current device, daunted by phone cloning with setting up a new/er one & more importantly on a budget….?

It could be worth a try with “Shuggah,” till Abbott sort librelink for Apple phones?

Best wishes. Sorry if I sound like a tech “vlogger.” (I’m not.) :banghead: :)

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cold weather, angry people, queues,
Like Jordi77 said that's what I did when mine stopped working and it is now working fine other than there is no logbook storage anymore .

Jordi77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
You lose all of your data but it's still available with your DN and they get it even though you have to update to the new iOS version

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I do still get all the data other than the logbook which used to give me random entrys every hour or so but will only do it now if I physically scan .

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Last edited:

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning Kazza63

I was in actually the same position as yourself. This was before the before the issues occurred with the introduction of the changes to make Libre into a CGM. At that point Abbott told me that the iPhone SE was the only iPhone there was a problem with. I upgraded to an iPhone 12 and it did seem to work better Initially.

I then got the chance to change to dexcom 1. For me this has been so much better.

Jordi77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
It's just a painim using a iPhone 14 Pro Max on the latest version of iOS 17 and watch OS 10 betas and I had the problems with it but I was told that if it stops to delete the app and install it again and that should do the problem but be in mind it deletes all the data you have on your phone the only one it doesn't is the one connected to your NHS Foundation trust and I only found that out when I did that above and it's working fine now and it takes a constant reading from the sensor instead of you having to do it in the app so that is from Abbott laboratories Inc and I'm passing on my experience to all

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Yes mine works with the new app , I only bought it a couple of months ago when I got my first Libre 2 .