Libre Sensor - How to Calibrate Glimp App ?

Energize

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've been using the Libre for some time now using the Freestyle Libre Reader. However, I've just changed my mobile phone and it has NFC so I'm trying out LibreLink and Glimp.

I've found LibreLink to match the Reader readings (are they both created with same alogarithims, perhaps?) and finger prick result, but Glimp seems to be way out.

I believe Glimp can be calibrated but I can't find any details as to how to do this. I'm feeling very 'dense' (I'm very tired, though) and just can't see what I need to do. I'm hoping someone can explain how I should do this calibrating, please?

I much appreciate any help on this one. Many thanks

D

Deleted member 308541

Libre sensor calibration

Abbott reader applies correction algorithms to glucose values read from Libre sensor.
These algorithms are property of Abbott and are not accessible.
To compensate errors of raw glucose values saved in the sensor, Glimp makes a manual
calibration of values. To activate calibration you just have to insert some manual glucose
measurements in the app. Glimp checks automatically inserted values and when the
number is big enough it corrects the glucose values read from Libre sensor.

I do not know if you have read this on page 5 in the Glimp user manual.

https://www.deebee.it/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Glimp-user-manual-.pdf

Energize

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Many thanks @Tipetoo
I had read this but it didn't make much sense to me, for some reason ;) I'll have a good look at the app and, hopefully, find where I enter the results of finger pricks ;)
I think I've got too much going on in my head, I'm not focusing properly on what I'm doing ;)
Thanks again

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Energize

After reading this tread I have been experimenting with Glimp. You enter the results of the finger pricks by hitting on the cross on the top part of the app. Just along from the Glimp logo.

One question I have is do you enter finger pricks taken at the same as libre readings ? I am presuming you do but am not sure

Hope this makes sense

Energize

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @h884
Many thanks. It's not very intuitive, is it!!! I eventually found an old thread on here explaining where you enter the blood result from finger print. I've now added only one result ;) I'll add some more later, hopefully.

I'm assuming the blood result is entered either just before/after a scan so that the device associates them. Time will tell. Early days yet, for me.

Again, many thanks for helping explain.:)

K

Knikki

As with xDrip you can enter calibrations at any time , however just be wary, if your Libre or GLIMP is constantly changing, like you have just eaten a huge sugar pie and everything if pointing due North, then it might not be so good. It is always worth adding calibrations when your level and steady.

Can't remember how GLIMP works but I think it compares finger pricks to what it's getting from the sensor and then corrects. I know it is different to xDrip.

Energize

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks @Knikki
Yes, I had assumed the calibrations needed to be based on steady blood glucose levels, mainly because of the delay of interstitial fluid catching up with variations. It's good to get this confirmed though, so thank you very much for this.

I've started entering blood level results (when they're steady) but it will be a day or two before I'm confident with the results from Glimp ;) After only two results entered, Glimp does seem to be much closer to the scan readings, which is pretty close to blood, I'm pleased to say.

Again, thanks for this ;)

Reactions: Knikki

Stang777

Glimp needs three readings to be entered in one day before it is calibrated. The readings can be back dated, as in, if you tested on the meter three hours ago and want to use that reading to calibrated Glimp, just change the time when you put in the reading from your meter on the screen that you are on to put in that reading. You can put in three readings just a minute apart or hours apart. It usually needs those three reading put in on the same day to work though, and it will usually only calibrate readings that started after midnight on that day. Also, in options, you can set it to show you a line in the graph for the calibrated reading as well as the non calibrated reading and it will also, above the graph, show you the number for the calibrated reading and the non calibrated reading will show in parenthesis next to the calibrated reading. There are some glitches in it that make it so sometimes it will use calibrations from previous days to count as the three that are needed to make it be calibrated, but most of the time it requires them from the same day. I find the readings from Libre to be much more accurate using Glimp than the reader, as the reader usually reads very low for me. I cannot trust the reader but I trust Glimp completely as the readings I get from it are usually within a point or two from my meter, although sometimes (not always but usually) it does need to be calibrated to be that accurate.