Libre sensor

Hi!!

Just wondering what everyone uses or what’s best to keep your libre sensor on (tape etc) I’ve found recently they’re becoming less sticky and I don’t know if it’s because it’s becoming warmer? But I have bought some tape but it just doesn’t seem to be working? Any help would be brilliant

Thank you!!x

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I like to put a patch of Tegaderm or Fixomull over it, whichever comes cheaper. The transparant ones.

Reactions: Samanthajayne98

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I put a patch of Rock Tape over mine, though it's more for the Blucon transmitter I have sitting on top to stop the strap irritating my skin. I seem to be lucky with the Libre adhesive - most sensors I have a right job getting the adhesive tape off to the point the sensor will tear away from it first!

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi, @Samanthajayne98 , if you're new to libre, newbies often stick it on the side of the arm. It's way more exposed to random knocks against doorjambs, and things like taking seatbelts, rucksacks and jackets on and off, so it's not so much the stickiness that's a problem, more that it's getting knocked a lot.

I lost my third one to a doorjamb (it's like a rite of passage!) so, since then, I've tended to stick it right at the back of my arm, so it won't snag things so much.

Also, even if we're not hairy, most people have a fine peach fuzz of hair on our arms which we don't really see until we look closely.

That really doesn't help stickiness, so it's a good idea to wash the area down with soap and water to remove any greasiness and run a razor over it to get rid of the peach fuzz, then wait till totally dry, then swab down with the alcohol wipes, wait till that dries, then apply.

Boots do Molnlycke Mepore 7 by 8 cm plasters for about 20p a pop which are good for smoothing out the edges to reduce snagging.

I'd tend to avoid waterproof ones - there's been talk of them preventing sweat from evaporating normally leading to skin reactions but it's all anecdotal.

Hi, @Samanthajayne98 , if you're new to libre, newbies often stick it on the side of the arm. It's way more exposed to random knocks against doorjambs, and things like taking seatbelts, rucksacks and jackets on and off, so it's not so much the stickiness that's a problem, more that it's getting knocked a lot.

I lost my third one to a doorjamb (it's like a rite of passage!) so, since then, I've tended to stick it right at the back of my arm, so it won't snag things so much.

Also, even if we're not hairy, most people have a fine peach fuzz of hair on our arms which we don't really see until we look closely.

That really doesn't help stickiness, so it's a good idea to wash the area down with soap and water to remove any greasiness and run a razor over it to get rid of the peach fuzz, then wait till totally dry, then swab down with the alcohol wipes, wait till that dries, then apply.

Boots do Molnlycke Mepore 7 by 8 cm plasters for about 20p a pop which are good for smoothing out the edges to reduce snagging.

I'd tend to avoid waterproof ones - there's been talk of them preventing sweat from evaporating normally leading to skin reactions but it's all anecdotal.

Makes a lot of sense!! Thank you I’ll pop into boots and have a look! Thank you!!

Peter03

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I use tegaderm+pad 9cm×10cm can't you get them on prescription in the UK?, never have a problem now, I find the pad just protects the senser a bit more