Libre sensor

lorraine c

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi
Just wanted to share my happy news .
I was not able to use the libre sensor as I developed a nasty reaction .
I waited a year and have used one for 14 days no reaction at all .
Clearly abbots have changed the adhesive which is good news .
So pleased I am able to use them .
Many thanks
Lorraine

Reactions: karen8967

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
That's good news @lorraine c :)

I used to get reactions to adhesive on my cannula sets but used Cavlon spray which is a skin barrier spray, so if this does ever happen again it's useful to know that products like this exist which can help.

Reactions: ringi

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi
Just wanted to share my happy news .
I was not able to use the libre sensor as I developed a nasty reaction .
I waited a year and have used one for 14 days no reaction at all .
Clearly abbots have changed the adhesive which is good news .
So pleased I am able to use them .
Many thanks
Lorraine

Aw, that's brilliant. I am getting one next week, I'm very apprehensive, please let us know how you are getting on with it. x

Carl Wood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What do you think about this Libre way of testing? I am going on it in a few eeks.
Is it fairly accurate to the finger pricking way of things?.

Many thanks for your time
Carl

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What do you think about this Libre way of testing? I am going on it in a few eeks.
Is it fairly accurate to the finger pricking way of things?.

Many thanks for your time
Carl

Hi Carl, maybe the OP hasn't had time to respond but I will create a new thread after tomorrow and will update how I get on and what I think, hope this will be helpful to you. x

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
Hi I’ve been on it for about 12months ,
It’s a lot easier than the old finger prick method , as far as accuracy its good but you have to realise it’s about 10 mins behind your actual bs. My experience is that it reads a little high . It’s accurate enough to be accepted for driving by the DVLA.
If your working it’s a god send as you can scan it through your clothes .
The only thing I will say is beware of information overload , you can take 20 blood sugars a day quite easily and when you first get it it will be the old novelty aspect , just don’t try and chase your blood sugars or you’ll come unstuck
I find it very useful at night I have it beside the bed can use it without even turning the light on ,
Personally it’s been a deciding factor on me lowering my Hb1ac from 90s to 40 s

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
What do you think about this Libre way of testing?

For me, a type II, a game changer. When I first started using the FS Libre I was taking several "manual" checks for comparison. The two readings were generally very close, and I eventually relied on the Libre. My condition is stable enough for me to know if the reading is questionable and then it's a simple case of getting the old machine out and making a hole in my finger.

Reactions: KK123

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@lorraine c I was exactly the same had ugly horrible burns from the old ones, gave up on them, I did try a CGM (not dexcom) and that was good too when it worked. Can't remember when I last used an old Libre, probably well over a year ago, and then end of November I plucked up enough courage to give the updated adhesives version a go and been using it solidly since early December and no reactions what so ever (thats done it now!) and accuracy has been very good. And my control has improved, estimated hba1c considerably better than last actual test. Win win win all round for us both I reckon.

Reactions: Chris Adams

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm getting mine today! My iPhone isn't up to the job with the app so I will have to buy a newer one but does the reader that comes with it do a similar job to the app, or does it simply give the readings? Thanks to all. x

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The reader is also a blood and ketone meter - you can get the reader setup to do bolus adviser (from blood tests only). It will show you the graph for the last 8hrs when scanned/flashed and also give an arrow indicating where your bloods are likely to head - up, steadily up, level, steadily down and down. You can connect it a PC and upload the data to libreview and diasend, you can then look at historical data and see analysis of that data. I think that using your phone you can't send it on to diasend now which is a problem if your clinic only use diasend. The reader also can give you average glucose in 4 blocks for the day, daily patterns, time in target and low glucose events (again in 4 blocks over the day) and these can be based on the last 7, 14, 30 and 90 days.

Hope that helps.