Libre sensors £35 each from boots

Key_master_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Evening all, I hope your all well and having a nice evening.

Just a quick one, not sure how long it will last but I have managed to get 2 libre sensors from my local boots for £35 each. They are on order and will be here Thursday.

I noticed on the libre Facebook group people had been purchasing from various places included boots and Asda pharmacies. I only looked for a free delivery code from Abbott and have saved almost £30. I rang my local boots and enquiried to see if they could get them and at nhs cost prices he said he’d find out and ring me back. To my surprise and joy he rang back 10 mins later and told me he could get them and they would be at prescription cost also.

I also rang nearly every other pharmacy in town as well before my success from boots. One pharmacy which is Rowlands wanted £66 each, wouldn’t vat except it either and told me that was my job. A quick call to head office to say how rude the shop assistant was and explained they are £18 more than the supplier sells them and told them about other pharmacies including boots doing them for £35. This could open up another retailer prepared to sell them at nhs prescription cost price. Will find out tomorrow. The rest need to setup accounts, Asda and Lloyd’s pharmacies sound promising too for a nice reduction from almost £50 a pop :)

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Boots only sell them at £35 when the till messes up taking the VAT off, Boots have been told by Head Office they should be the same price as Abbott sell them for.

I'm also waiting for a call back from a Rowlands pharmacy to see how much they'll sell it to me for.............

torzhill

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, sorry but for confirmation did you literally just ring and ask them how much they were selling the sensors for not on prescription?

howe4now

I have just called my local Boots and they said the sensor patch would be £68!!! So looks like I will stick with ordering direct from Abbot for now.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
I have just called my local Boots branch and they are selling them at £48.27, so the same as the Abbott site now, and you have to collect rather than getting them through the post, at the moment I can't find anyone else locally who will supply them.

Carlton1512

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
When your diabetes misbehaves for no apparent reason.
Superdrug Pharmacy sell them for £35, if you are near one. I posted this elsewhere...