1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Libre users.. help!

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Becca6510, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Becca6510

Becca6510 · Well-Known Member

Hi everyone.

I’m looking for some recommendations . I’m a libre user and loving it.. however now that it’s hot and I’m wearing sleeveless tops and dresses starting to feel a little self conscious and wanting to know if anyone’s tried any other sites? I’ve heard some say they wear it on their outer thigh but I’ve never heard much about it’s accuracy...

Can anyone give me any suggestions or stories of them trying other sites?

Thanks
    Becca
    Xo

2. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Master

I wear mine just on top of my bum/lower back i find the accuracy quite good no worse than when i wore it on my arm i could imagine getting knocked if placed on thigh i hope this helps

• Like Like x 1
  3. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Master
    Staff Member Administrator

Becca - I'll tell you where I have worn sensors, but also remind you the sensors are still only supported by Abbott, on the upper arm. I have worn sensors on the side of my chest, to hide the sensor under a bikini top. Similary, I have work then on my lower abdomen, under my bikini bottom line.

The ones on my chest were very easy to apply, scan and so on. On my lower abdomen were equally discreet, but appearing to scan my groin looked odd, according to my OH. Additionally, I almost tore that one off pulling tight jeans down, in a rush in the loo.

4. Becca6510

Ahhh! I just want somewhere a bit more discreet! It’s hard because I want it to be accurate too! Thanks everyone for their suggestions x

5. kaylz91

kaylz91 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Just also want to mention if you are using the Libre to test while driving it is only authorised on your arm xx

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Deleted Account

Deleted Account · Guest

I also read somewhere (although this may not be true) if you are using the Miaomiao to convert the Libre into a CGM, technically any readings through the Miaomiao are not accepted ... but I think they may struggle to prosecute on this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Fairygodmother

Fairygodmother Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I just put it in the usual place on the current arm and go with it, short sleeves, no sleeves or long sleeves. I felt a bit self conscious to begin with but my only worry now is that it may be a bit easier to dislodge it if someone passes me with a bad case of backpack or shoulder bag awareness.

8. porl69

porl69 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I always put them on the inside of my arms. Abbotts do not replace them if you tell them they are anywhere else than your upper arm!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Becca6510

Oh I didn’t know that thanks!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Becca6510

It’s weird I’ve been wearing it for years, but Ive been struggling a little bit anxiety wise and I’m kinda sick of all the questions when I wear a strappy top

11. Energize

Energize Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I wear mine on the upper, slightly inside of mid-line, thigh and find it as accurate (and as comfortable) as anywhere else.
    Yes, I need to be careful when pulling down jeans/underpants but, fingers crossed, have got into the habit of not ripping it off.

12. Fairygodmother

I can sympathise with that. Maybe, as I’m a bit older tho only just getting a bit grey, they assume I’m a daft old bat who doesn’t know her family have sent her out with a security tracker

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. annliggins

annliggins Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Its upper arm for me ...i like the attention tbh ive met some lovely people on holidays from all over the world some libre users, some not , some diabetic some not ...when i see someone libred up we always spark up a conversation of some sort ..we have something in common and its usually not English thats how i go but its not everyones thing

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Copernicus

Copernicus Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Don't be embaressed or ashamed to be seen using the Libre, it;s becoming more and more common to see people openly wearing them. Seen people wearing them on the beach in just their swimwear.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. becca59

becca59 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Like @Fairygodmother it must be an age thing. I am 60 this year and no longer care what anyone thinks about me and what I do. Even went swimming this morning with hairy legs. Wouldn’t have dared do that when younger. Older age is strangely liberating.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Fairygodmother

Wonderfully liberating! Though I’m not sure I’d be willing to do some of the liberated things we got up to in the 60’s again.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. becca59

becca59 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook