Libre VERY off?

jof1025

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi
I also have a Libra sensor implant.
Many times I have checked by blood (the old fashioned way), & on occasions the difference has been 1 higher than the scan.
The hospital told me if the reading is below 4 or over 10 to always recheck with finger prick test

jof1025

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi
I’m self isolating due to my type 1 & other pre-existing medical conditions, on instruction of my med professionals.
No matter how much I try & how much insulin I take my BG is constantly too high,
It’s like my body is ignoring the insulin & determined to do its own thing. When I test my ketones they are always 0.1
Has anyone else experienced this?

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi
I’m self isolating due to my type 1 & other pre-existing medical conditions, on instruction of my med professionals.
No matter how much I try & how much insulin I take my BG is constantly too high,
It’s like my body is ignoring the insulin & determined to do its own thing. When I test my ketones they are always 0.1
Has anyone else experienced this?

Are you doing any exercise at all ? Changes in your activity levels will have a direct impact on your insulin requirements. The other aspect to remember if that if your coming down with anything that will raise your insulin resistance and also check your using fresh insulin too.

Do you manage your insulin dosing and corrections and can you speak to your diabetic nurse at all ?