Libre

Barbie3

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I put a new Libre Sensor on yesterday and it took a few attempts to accept. This morning it is telling me that my sensor has ended and to put another one on! Has anybody had this happen please and any suggestions as if I replace it I won’t have enough for a month and they are super strict about not giving any extras. Thank you

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
You need to contact Abbott.
They will replace it.
They usually deliver a replacement within a week.
You should always contact Abbott for a failure whether it is highly inaccurate reporting or falling off or reporting an error.
There is no reason why you or the NHS should pay for faulty goods.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Barbie3 I would be asking my hospital team to intervene with your Gp to ensure you have at least 2 extra as a fall back. Once using Libre full time it is unacceptable not to have enough spares. Especially as they often slash blood glucose strips on prescription. I’m down to 50 a month these days. But I have 5 spare Libre in my medical drawer.

Filumo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
It’s quicker by far to phone abbot direct. I’ve had several failures and all replaced by post next day

• Agree
Reactions: Lainie71

hels

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
There’s an online form for reporting issues - I’ve bookmarked the page as not always easy to find.

miahara

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Phone Abbot on 0800 170 1177, this is very much easier than filling a form via an online link. You'll be asked afew questions and should receive a new sensor within about a week.
I'm quite fortunate as my surgery issues me with 4 sensors at a time subject to 26 sensors in a year, so I've always got a spare to hand.

• Informative
Reactions: plantae

LongtermIDD

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ive had endless probs with Libre2 and b4 that probs with Libre1. Know its better than the bad old days but as taxpayers we pay a load of money for these devices and I think we are being let down. My own diabetic consultant tells me she has had so many complaints that she has asked NHS England to intervene. Libre suits some but not all. It is a work in progress. Is that acceptable.

Ipodlistener

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Idiots
Ive had endless probs with Libre2 and b4 that probs with Libre1. Know its better than the bad old days but as taxpayers we pay a load of money for these devices and I think we are being let down. My own diabetic consultant tells me she has had so many complaints that she has asked NHS England to intervene. Libre suits some but not all. It is a work in progress. Is that acceptable.
Do you install 24hrs before startup?

Steveee

I put a new Libre Sensor on yesterday and it took a few attempts to accept. This morning it is telling me that my sensor has ended and to put another one on! Has anybody had this happen please and any suggestions as if I replace it I won’t have enough for a month and they are super strict about not giving any extras. Thank you
Happened to me on Wednesday. Called Abbott (phone number on box) replacement arrived today.

Steveee

All failures are replaced FOC to NHS and the patient.I don’t see the issue. If you’re unhappy, switch to Dexcom One.

Reactions: Ipodlistener

t dog

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi this has happened to me a few times .There is a phone number on side of box ,,phone and explain what has happened ,sometimes they ask you to return faulty sensor they will send you a new sensor and a bag to return other one .They are very helpful

jonathan183

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
All failures are replaced FOC to NHS and the patient.I don’t see the issue. If you’re unhappy, switch to Dexcom One.
Libre 2 does not work well for me ... continued with finger prick testing as never got to the point of being able to dose insulin based on the cgm reading :(

LongtermIDD

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Please be respectful. I, and likely many thousands of other NHS Libre users, have many repeated problems with Libre such as sensors routinely not detecting for say 15 mins at a time in particular when blood sugars fall below 4.5, i.e. just the time when you want reliability. When the sensor temporarily goes down then the alarm does not kick in. I have today agreed to act as a witness for my consultant to take this up with NHS England so as to simply help others. Libre 2 is a work in progress, but at the prices they are charging personally I dont think that is good enough. I agree that the Abbott staff are courteous. They are probably embarrassed.