Libre2 App

IanA123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Right, anyone else having trouble with the libre app on android? Logbook takes upto 5mins to load, sometimes does not load at all. Have uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail, emailed libre a month ago and no response.
Wasn't for the fact it keeps me away from useless gp's i would bin it.

IanA123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Right, anyone else having trouble with the libre app on android? Logbook takes upto 5mins to load, sometimes does not load at all. Have uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail, emailed libre a month ago and no response.
Wasn't for the fact it keeps me away from useless gp's i would bin it.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The app is working fine on my Samsung A50 - sorry!
However since the last libre update to cgm, it is severely slowing everything else on my phone because it uses Bluetooth. So I turn Bluetooth off whenever I need to do anything else, and then try to remember to turn it back on again.
I'm T2 not on insulin, so that's an OK strategy for me.
In your shoes as a T 1 I'd be on the phone to them ASAP 0800 1701177

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I have noticed that the logbook takes a while. Just timed it - 15 seconds! It used to be virtually instantaneous so that delay seems an age. Everything else is responsive. I have a Pixel 6a, so a reasonably quick phone but nothing exceptional.

HTH

IanA123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have noticed that the logbook takes a while. Just timed it - 15 seconds! It used to be virtually instantaneous so that delay seems an age. Everything else is responsive. I have a Pixel 6a, so a reasonably quick phone but nothing exceptional.

HTH
Got an s22+, was fine until I added a new humapen6 to it, and that is when it slowed down

Last edited:

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Got an s22+, was fine until I added a new humapen6 to it, and that is when it slowed down

Hmm, that’s interesting. That would suggest it’s some conflict. I noticed it immediately on getting the hew app (July) if memory serves, so I just blamed the app. Thinking aloud here, you’ve changed a config in the app, and now it’s slow. Can you delete the pen and see if the performance improves?

I have had a NovoPen Echo in mine in the past, but not now, but I can’t remember the correlation.

Edit:

I just tried clearing cache, but no difference. I wonder if deleting the app and reloading might help as all data would be lost. I’m not suggesting it tho’, too much loss for not much benefit, but maybe your frustration is worse than mine….

Reactions: IanA123

MuttNJeff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Logbook has been slow to load for ages. Maybe since they updated to 2.10 for so-called continuous readings, maybe before that. I changed my phone for a new Samsung A14 a few weeks ago, made no difference to the slowness of loading the logbook. I also find that even after I've opened the logbook and looked at an entry, going back to the logbook to get to another entry is somewhat slow.

Reactions: JGJ9 and IanA123

IanA123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hmm, that’s interesting. That would suggest it’s some conflict. I noticed it immediately on getting the hew app (July) if memory serves, so I just blamed the app. Thinking aloud here, you’ve changed a config in the app, and now it’s slow. Can you delete the pen and see if the performance improves?

I have had a NovoPen Echo in mine in the past, but not now, but I can’t remember the correlation.

Edit:

I just tried clearing cache, but no difference. I wonder if deleting the app and reloading might help as all data would be lost. I’m not suggesting it tho’, too much loss for not much benefit, but maybe your frustration is worse than mine….
Deleted the pen and added a new pen, no difference. Also tried clearing cache as you mentioned, no luck there either. Have already deleted the app and that didn't work. Looks like we will have to wait for an update to fix the issue.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Pretty nippy on my Samsung Galaxy note 10+..

I run it in tandem with Diabox. I like the fact i don’t have to scan for nursey with the new app for Libreview anymore..
No issues with the BT.
Battery life is a beast too.

Could you have any other apps running in the background, slowing it down?

JGJ9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, I encountered the Logbook lag after the update to CGM a couple of months ago. This hadn't been a problem during the 4 years of using Libre. On a call to Libre, I timed the lag at 40 seconds in initial entry and also after an updated entry. Very annoying especially on the golf course when I was entering snack updates etc.

I eventually emailed the Help line and was advised to re-install the App. I did this and it works as before now on my 2 year old Samsung A12. However, it's still not all perfect as all my recent 90 days history data was lost albeit still available online. I miss the daily checks on highs, lows, HBA1C etc but wouldn't be without it. Wish I'd had it 61 years ago when I first started testing.

Last edited:
Reactions: IanA123

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Using an I Phone 12 mini, no add ons, works instantaneously.

IanA123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Pretty nippy on my Samsung Galaxy note 10+..

I run it in tandem with Diabox. I like the fact i don’t have to scan for nursey with the new app for Libreview anymore..
No issues with the BT.
Battery life is a beast too.

Could you have any other apps running in the background, slowing it down?
Nothing in background, only started once I had added a pen to it. Have removed app, reinstalled and added a different pen and issue persists. Tried emailing libre and heard nothing back.

IanA123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, I encountered the Logbook lag after the update to CGM a couple of months ago. This hadn't been a problem during the 4 years of using Libre. On a call to Libre, I timed the lag at 40 seconds in initial entry and also after an updated entry. Very annoying especially on the golf course when I was entering snack updates etc.

I eventually emailed the Help line and was advised to re-install the App. I did this and it works as before now on my 2 year old Samsung A12. However, it's still not all perfect as all my recent 90 days history data was lost albeit still available online. I miss the daily checks on highs, lows, HBA1C etc but wouldn't be without it. Wish I'd had it 61 years ago when I first started testing.
10mins so far amd still waiting....

aylalake

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being told “Oh go on, one won’t hurt you!”.
Conversely, the food police.
I have an iPhone 11 and I haven’t noticed a perceptible lag.

JGJ9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
10mins so far amd still waiting....
Mine isn't that bad - thankfully! But it does get slower as the days go by and the history grows. I used to make quite a few notes each day especially on days when I was exercising etc. but now it's when I can spare the waiting time. I'd have thought the app would have been updated by now

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
You have spurred me into action. I am going to send a message so that there is a record at least. Then I'll regularly chase it. I'm fed up too. I've mentioned it a number of times on the phone, and get a) I've never heard of that, or b) there's a fix coming. Hmm.

If we all do it we might beat them into submission.

Got to go now - there's a pig flying by!

aylalake

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
iPhone update due any day, which may/might/could have an impact. I shan’t hold my breath.

• Informative
Reactions: barrym

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
iPhone update due any day, which may/might/could have an impact. I shan’t hold my breath.
That's interesting! I've asked here a few times and received no confirmation that iOS had the problem as well.

aylalake

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
That's interesting! I've asked here a few times and received no confirmation that iOS had the problem as well.
Oh I don’t think iOS has the problem necessarily. It’s just that historically a problem with the Libre app crops up when Apple does an update. Abbott even had a warning on their website in the past.

Last edited:

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh I don’t think iOS has the problem necessarily. It’s
just that historically a problem with the Libre app crops up when Apple does an update. Abbott even has even a warning on their website in the past.
Ah, OK. Thanks for clearing that up.

I'll have to check the piggy bank;).

Reactions: aylalake