LibreLink app

Westley

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Have any of you been using the new official Libre Android app?
How are you finding it so far? any issues?

I've been using Glimp (a non-official Libre android app) a lot when out and about over the last few months, and have been generally pleased with it, and enjoying not having to carry an extra device. I like that it lets me start reading without the 1 hour wait at the start, and carry on a little after the official end of the sensor. Values are generally very similar to those with the reader, but Glimp seems to do a bit less smoothing, which I actually prefer, as I think it sometimes shows up changes of direction sooner.
One downside has been missing the analytics in the Libre Windows software though, as I don't always scan with the regular reader every 8 hours. Another negative is that the NFC sensor on my phone needs to be <~2 cm away to work, compared to ~10 cm with the reader, though I guess this probably varies between phones.

I think when I start my next sensor I'm going to give this LibreLink a go. I notice in the EULA they warn that non official apps such as Glimp may interfere with it - I'm guessing they are just covering themselves and doubt running both will cause an issue, though it would be great if anyone can confirm that.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had an email about it. I had a look at the website when a pop up told me it isn't available in my country. (UK). Is this correct?

Westley

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I got the same pop-up from the LibreLink website, but the link to the Play store works fine and let me download it.

Reactions: 2 people

Brit90

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I used Glimp but it wasn't reliable for me, sometimes the NFC just wouldn't work.
I now use the official app and I do love it. A lot more than the original reader.
My only qualms is the 8 hours, it should be 12 hours - because I do sometimes sleep more than 8 hours.

madusmacus

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I used Glimp but it wasn't reliable for me, sometimes the NFC just wouldn't work.
I now use the official app and I do love it. A lot more than the original reader.
My only qualms is the 8 hours, it should be 12 hours - because I do sometimes sleep more than 8 hours.
I belive the problem is the sensor design it only has enough memory for 8 hours of readings :¬(

The only wacky app that would fix this would be duct taping your phone to your arm and having the app wake up every 6 hours to dump the sensors memory to the phone (thus emptying the sensor memory for another 8 hours of reading)

Of course this is a joke but the concepts sound :¬)