Licence has come back

conniecar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, my driving restricted licence was due to run out after it’s 3 years stint. I dread it because it always involves a visit to the GP who will ask me banal questions like ‘have you ever been hypo?’ and I feel instantly irritated! I’m also epileptic so I couldn’t renew on line, it involved sending it all back and doing the questionnaire on paper. I’d been waiting for a notice as usual about seeing my GP when my new licence landed today - no medical? I’m assuming this is because of Covid. Anyone else had this lucky break? Another 3 years free of daft questions

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, my driving restricted licence was due to run out after it’s 3 years stint. I dread it because it always involves a visit to the GP who will ask me banal questions like ‘have you ever been hypo?’ and I feel instantly irritated! I’m also epileptic so I couldn’t renew on line, it involved sending it all back and doing the questionnaire on paper. I’d been waiting for a notice as usual about seeing my GP when my new licence landed today - no medical? I’m assuming this is because of Covid. Anyone else had this lucky break? Another 3 years free of daft questions

Happy motoring @conniecar .

I renewed mine early in the year before all this COVID kicked off.. DVLA for me can be surprisingly quick. (Historically.)
Quite often dropping the acknowledgment & DIAB1 "form being processed" letter through the door at the same time as the actual licence?

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I cant remember ever having to actual go to the docs for a medical review for my license, I just fill in the from and send it off, at which point they can contact the GP - possibly because I always make sure I've gone to my annual diabetic clinic at my docs they are happy

conniecar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Maybe that’s it. I see the consultant and been type 1 for 42 years without problems. My epilepsy is controlled by medication and I’ve been seizure free for 8 years. Don’t have a consultant for that though. I’m just glad to not be stressed about it taking ages and being refused for some daft reason x

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
The questions are fine.. you are allowed hypos.. they expect hypos... the only care about hypos where you were needing the help of others because you could not treat yourself

I have to do it yearly